Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few brake run footers are complete, and it looks like they have lots of rebar in place for more around the base of the top hat and the return run of the second half (third pic).

IMG_4219.jpg
IMG_4250.jpg
IMG_4227.jpg
And for the part you've all been waiting for... the runaway Popeye raft is alive and well, hiding on the other side of the Lost Continent bridge :lol:
image.jpg

Still waiting on verification in regards to that guy who posted on reddit saying he was scheduled to operate a crane starting in December for the JP project...

Another one like the ones already there or was it the big one that's surely coming soon?
Not sure. I didn't see any tower segments, but it looked like crane parts on a large truck.

Still waiting on verification in regards to that guy who posted on reddit saying he was scheduled to operate a crane starting in December for the JP project...
I'm hoping that's what I saw today. This project is getting exciting :whoo:

I'll be glad when they're done with the coaster. IOA looked like crap when I was there in November. This has really ruined the look of the entire park due to it's location, it's always in your line of sight. We didn't even bother to walk over to Toon Lagoon or JP when we were there on vacation. Wish it wasn't taking so damn long to build it. Since I'm not a coaster fanatic, the coaster is no big deal to me.I doubt I'll even ride it more than once a year. But I do understand why they're building it since it's something their main demographic will like, thus it's a good business decision on Universal's part.

I’d say you have to be there to see just how barren it is, but the pics do it justice pretty decently. What you miss out on is hearing all the loud machinery. It’s really just a non-ideal locational the park. Then compound that with the fact it was a lush retreat/paradise before, and it’s a double whammy.

They desperately need to get Raptor encounter finished. I know they’re working on it, but having both sides walled off is certainly the biggest issue. Once Raptor Encounter gets finished, I think it will completely change the feel back to almost normal again; even with the entire lagoon side blocked.

You have to break some eggs to bake a cake, etc.
I'm always amazed how they manage to build a huge ride in an area that is surrounded by the park. I'm sure the second they can slap trees and plants in there it will be done.
I loved the area but it was underused and with all the hotel rooms opening you want to use every inch of your park and put butts in seats for a fun ride (and not upcharged experiences, shops or concrete).

Status
Not open for further replies.