Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 672 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had said I was going to steer clear of walking through this construction no man's land for a while since it just saddens me. But, curiosity got the better of me, and I sauntered through the area on my way from some rides on Hagrids. It really struck me on how clearing away all of that foliage that blocked most of the Hogwarts' Castle view, as you pass through the JP arch, has , at least temporarily if not permanently, created a beautiful completely open view of the castle. Just wondering....but....plant some tall trees to cover the unthemed part of the show building, leave the castle view open as it now is, and claim that pathway portion as part of the Hogsmeade land opens a pretty large additional viewing area for the always packed Hogwarts night castle shows. Move the JP arch back about 30 plus yards and start the renovated JP land there. I wonder if that's a possible 'plan'. :think:

I had said I was going to steer clear of walking through this construction no man's land for a while since it just saddens me. But, curiosity got the better of me, and I sauntered through the area on my way from some rides on Hagrids. It really struck me on how clearing away all of that foliage that blocked most of the Hogwarts' Castle view, as you pass through the JP arch, has , at least temporarily if not permanently, created a beautiful completely open view of the castle. Just wondering....but....plant some tall trees to cover the unthemed part of the show building, leave the castle view open as it now is, and claim that pathway portion as part of the Hogsmeade land opens a pretty large additional viewing area for the always packed Hogwarts night castle shows. Move the JP arch back about 30 plus yards and start the renovated JP land there. I wonder if that's a possible 'plan'. :think:

The castle was always fairly prominent when going through the arch.

IMG_3181.jpg

I hope they move it slightly around the corner and it should fix the issues.

With all the work going on and the work starting on the lockers getting upgraded for FJ,I'm still holding out hope that they can implement the Great Hall behind the showbuilding that extends into JP.

hp expansion.jpg

I also have a gut feeling that at some point, when Lost Continent gets demolished that Mythos will be going with it and IOA will need a fine dining experience to replace it. The Hammond fine dining restaurant getting talked about for Beijing will also work if a replacement is needed.

The castle was always fairly prominent when going through the arch.

View attachment 11589

I hope they move it slightly around the corner and it should fix the issues.

With all the work going on and the work starting on the lockers getting upgraded for FJ,I'm still holding out hope that they can implement the Great Hall behind the showbuilding that extends into JP.

View attachment 11590

I also have a gut feeling that at some point, when Lost Continent gets demolished that Mythos will be going with it and IOA will need a fine dining experience to replace it. The Hammond fine dining restaurant getting talked about for Beijing will also work if a replacement is needed.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. You could see it before, but now it just jumps out at you, it's so prominent...plus before when you walked through the arch the foliage at that level blocked the view except for the uppermost section, since you were standing right next to the trees. Now, it's 'completely' cleared and the castle looks as prominent as when you're standing at the front ride entrance. ....and actually looks quite nice....and would be a great view of the night show that never has enough room.

Reactions: Nico and Scott W.
I'm new here, but I see a pattern in the thread. It seems to me everyone here has the opinion that the land will be changing theme or staying with the original Jurassic Park theme. Since we know that there's another movie coming out in the current franchise, I would assume that the ride could be based on that movie...that we haven't seen yet. What we do know is that it will include the three actors from the original Jurassic Park trilogy. So it could be a mix of both. So could the land... purposely. At any rate, the coaster will be amazing...even if it looks out of place. Hopefully a butt ton of trees go back into the area.

I'm new here, but I see a pattern in the thread. It seems to me everyone here has the opinion that the land will be changing theme or staying with the original Jurassic Park theme. Since we know that there's another movie coming out in the current franchise, I would assume that the ride could be based on that movie...that we haven't seen yet. What we do know is that it will include the three actors from the original Jurassic Park trilogy. So it could be a mix of both. So could the land... purposely. At any rate, the coaster will be amazing...even if it looks out of place. Hopefully a butt ton of trees go back into the area.
Welcome to the IU club!

I had an idea at some point that the final Jurassic World blends JP and JW into one, making both co-exist or co-exist together or something. Thats the only reason why I see this staying at JP unless they really just don't care, which, could be the case. As others have mentioned Blue has been there for a meet n greet for a while so no one really seems to mind. Im excited for the coaster though, just makes my day at IOA even longer now haha.

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
Welcome to the IU club!

I had an idea at some point that the final Jurassic World blends JP and JW into one, making both co-exist or co-exist together or something. Thats the only reason why I see this staying at JP unless they really just don't care, which, could be the case. As others have mentioned Blue has been there for a meet n greet for a while so no one really seems to mind. Im excited for the coaster though, just makes my day at IOA even longer now haha.
Well... the Jurassic Park/World films DO blend together. It’s all one story. It’s all the same narrative actors and critical characters (Henry being chief among them). That’s why I don’t get arguments that present them as drastically different franchises. It’s all one canon.

Well... the Jurassic Park/World films DO blend together. It’s all one story. It’s all the same narrative actors and critical characters (Henry being chief among them). That’s why I don’t get arguments that present them as drastically different franchises. It’s all one canon.
Very good point but the difference is the time periods feel, and I believe are vastly different. Not just cause of CGI and stuff but I do believe "time' has passed over these films. Thats just why its a little weird. But, whatevs. I just want this dang coaster built so I can enjoy the JP area a bit more.

I don't think anyone is really going to worry about how Owen is in a land named Jurassic Park just as no one is asking why Diagon is set during Order of the Phoenix yet Gringotts is during Deathly Hallows.
These are also true lol. I guess just make dope sh!t and we won't really care.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I don't think anyone is really going to worry about how Owen is in a land named Jurassic Park just as no one is asking why Diagon is set during Order of the Phoenix yet Gringotts is during Deathly Hallows.
I don’t think Diagon is specified. It could really be any point where the Weasley store is open and the other shops are also still open.

I don’t think Diagon is specified. It could really be any point where the Weasley store is open and the other shops are also still open.

During the events of Gringotts the Weasleys are in hiding, their store is closed, and Diagon is over run with Death Eaters.

During the events of Gringotts the Weasleys are in hiding, their store is closed, and Diagon is over run with Death Eaters.
Which is why I specified it had to be a time where all the shops were open. I think there’s more than just Order of the Phoenix where that’s the case like also Half-Blood Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.