Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 675 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is becoming the dark horse of Orlando theme park coming attractions. This is looking a bit more complex than I thought it would be. I'm betting that the theming will be spectacular.
Depending on thrill level and airtime, I may enjoy this more than Hagrid

I love whippy inversions and pops of air

Reactions: jseal777
I can’t quite figure out what the coffer dam in front of the DC is for. From the way it’s set up it looks like it will be solid concrete. For the life of me I can’t think of why that would have to be solid concrete. Anybody have an idea of what I am referring too?

Reactions: GAcoaster
The last thing I heard about this was “light theming” since I don’t have as much time to spend on the forums anymore. Are we now thinking it might have a little more theming than we thought before?

Does anyone know the acre size of either Jurassic Park: River Adventure or Hagrids? So how much space the attraction/queue/shop all take up?

The last thing I heard about this was “light theming” since I don’t have as much time to spend on the forums anymore. Are we now thinking it might have a little more theming than we thought before?

To be honest, even if its a raptor paddock and watch tower/whatever you could consider that 'light theming' - It is only concrete walls and foliage at the end of the day, maybe an animatronic too. But as long as its effective theming then it would be perfect and it sounds like it will be if its racing through a raptor paddock, being chased, raptor noises everywhere, foliage shaking before flying out of the paddock, perfect.

To be honest, even if its a raptor paddock and watch tower/whatever you could consider that 'light theming' - It is only concrete walls and foliage at the end of the day, maybe an animatronic too. But as long as its effective theming then it would be perfect and it sounds like it will be if its racing through a raptor paddock, being chased, raptor noises everywhere, foliage shaking before flying out of the paddock, perfect.
There's gonna be quite a bit more than that. I think the initial rumors may have had their wires crossed due to how great Hagrid is. But Velocicoaster should end up being more themed than basically any thrill coaster out there. The Taron comparisons seem pretty legit on that front. Maybe even better depending on the AA situation

There's gonna be quite a bit more than that. I think the initial rumors may have had their wires crossed due to how great Hagrid is. But Velocicoaster should end up being more themed than basically any thrill coaster out there. The Taron comparisons seem pretty legit on that front. Maybe even better depending on the AA situation

That's what I'm thinking. 2021 is going to be an EPIC year in Orlando for themed coasters.....Velocicoaster, Guardians & Tron......holy smokes!

If it's only half, or one third, as themed as Taron, I would be happy. :)......................Tron looks like it's fun, but it's just way too short.

Last edited:
Personally I think the other two will far, far outclass TRON. TRON looks...fine, but Velocicoaster and Guardians are gonna be the real deal.
TRON is mostly about the RV and the “pretty” looking canopy, which isn’t even part of the ride. Theming is very minimal.

Reactions: Jones14
Status
Not open for further replies.