Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 676 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2021 Central Florida trip is gonna be nuts. Iron Gwazi at BG (Haven't done Cobra's Curse or Tigris either), Velocicoaster, Guardians, and Tron. Now, if only we were getting SNW in Orlando in 2021/22 we'd potentially have DK as well. Good time to be a central Florida resident.

Guardians remains a mostly unknown quantity to me (and my disagreement with its placement is not going to be easy to overlook even if it ends up being a great ride), and the JP coaster is one I won't be riding (but I'm sure it's going to deliver what the people looking forward to it want it to deliver). So advantage TRON for me, mostly by process of elimination.

But yes, Orlando-area coaster lovers are going to have a great year in 2021. If only classic dark ride fans could have such a year sometime!

Reactions: UNIrd
Guardians remains a mostly unknown quantity to me (and my disagreement with its placement is not going to be easy to overlook even if it ends up being a great ride), and the JP coaster is one I won't be riding (but I'm sure it's going to deliver what the people looking forward to it want it to deliver). So advantage TRON for me, mostly by process of elimination.

But yes, Orlando-area coaster lovers are going to have a great year in 2021. If only classic dark ride fans could have such a year sometime!
2023 for Dark Rides my friend! Mario Kart, Monsters, 2 FB rides (although we know nothing really bout them yet), and hopefully more to come after that. Also, Rise and Mickey lol. Such an awesome time to be a theme park junkie

That tower gives me Helicoptours vibes from the original concept of IOA...Perhaps it's a play on that

fj_orig1_cropped.jpg

Is the front of the Discovery Center going to be accessible again once the coaster is finished? I see on the plans that part of the track goes over the water and possibly over the edge of the lake. I'm assuming it will be gated off from guests.

Reactions: QuackQuackQuack
Is the front of the Discovery Center going to be accessible again once the coaster is finished? I see on the plans that part of the track goes over the water and possibly over the edge of the lake. I'm assuming it will be gated off from guests.
Yes it will be accessible but how they achieve it is unclear for me. Creative use of netting could produce an aviary like space and maybe they could put some interesting effects in there. Maybe...

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Just had a thought occur to me while reading these. It may not be a groundbreaking one but interesting nonetheless...

It's interesting the correlation in the way they decided to build/theme this coaster...After F&F was such a fuster cluck of awful and with the backlash on other ride systems they could have used - I personally take them building this coaster as an apology note to the fans. I'm not saying that's what it is and I understand that it's in response to losing DC...but it is nice to think of it that way...especially with how wonderful it may be.

*steps back into shadows*

I actually applaud this project because for all intents it looks like it's gonna drastically change the guestflow throughout the land. Definitely gonna have a lot more traffic in front of the DC and the coaster/fountain interaction that's rumored could be a great new photo op.

Also, if Mr. Bio is out there, we can haz new aerials plzz?

Reactions: Andysol
So when this was first rumored I wasn't expecting much of a theming change in the area, I kinda just pictured a coaster plopped into JP, and that's all. But if it looks ANYTHING like that concept art, it should be pretty sweet.

I won't ride it, but it'll be cool to walk around.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I’m very anxious for concept art, the coaster will no doubt be a fun ride but the concept art and design will be a make or break thing for me for this ride. Hyped to see it and hope we got some a Peacock Live. Not sure what else they’d be discussing for Orlando minus Bourne and just re-conforming/announcing EU, if they even touch that.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.