Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 682 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear god anything to talk about the parks again, it's @Alicia back with a JP update vid.

Also, to stimulate a little conversation, I’ve heard there may be up to 4 raptors on the ride, and not in the scene 1 structure like you’d think. Instead I think they may be loose in the fenced in paddock area (spaghetti bowl section). And we’re trapped in there with them for the first part of of the ride till we launch our over the lagoon.

Also, to stimulate a little conversation, I’ve heard there may be up to 4 raptors on the ride, and not in the scene 1 structure like you’d think. Instead I think they may be loose in the fenced in paddock area (spaghetti bowl section). And we’re trapped in there with them for the first part of of the ride till we launch our over the lagoon.

Fantastic, if it's during the fast-moving parts of the ride they probably don't need to move much if at all to give the illusion of animation.

I still think there's gonna be something in the second launch tunnel too

Fantastic, if it's during the fast-moving parts of the ride they probably don't need to move much if at all to give the illusion of animation.
Yes exactly. Think about one of the near misses where you head straight towards a raptor, a loud raptor screech sound plays and then you instantly swoop away from it. Like we come face to face with danger around every turn before we speed on out of there.

Yes exactly. Think about one of the near misses where you head straight towards a raptor, a loud raptor screech sound plays and then you instantly swoop away from it. Like we come face to face with danger around every turn before we speed on out of there.

I was just thinking about the sound design for this ride, JP has an instantly recognisable score and sound effects. Less could be more here. Even in pitch darkness with just the raptor sound would be fantastic.

Disco Raptor.

No,but seriously. If this is quite a lush area with foliage, you could do a lot without really showing a whole lot.

So this seems like it has massive potential and the true potential of being better than The Hulk... of course maybe a bit early to say that but everything I’m hearing sure sounds like it. IOA will be the park for coaster enthusiasts in Orlando. Hagrid’s, Hulk, and Velocicoaster. Mummy still next door. Good stuff!!!

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
So this seems like it has massive potential and the true potential of being better than The Hulk... of course maybe a bit early to say that but everything I’m hearing sure sounds like it. IOA will be the park for coaster enthusiasts in Orlando. Hagrid’s, Hulk, and Velocicoaster. Mummy still next door. Good stuff!!!

I have every confidence that this will be better than Hulk.

I have every confidence that this will be better than Hulk.
Which is just insane to think about for me. I’m not a coaster enthusiast more due to lack of exposure so Orlando and Busch Gardens are where I’ve gotten my “major” coaster action from in life, as well as Six Flags New England once but didn’t love anything. Anyways, Hulk is and will always be one of my favorites. The launch is just such a great part of the ride and that beginning section is such a rush. Goes down a hit once thru the tunnel bit the new soundtrack makes things all the better. So hyped for this coaster now idk why for awhile I wasn’t all that excited but this seems outstanding

Which is just insane to think about for me. I’m not a coaster enthusiast more due to lack of exposure so Orlando and Busch Gardens are where I’ve gotten my “major” coaster action from in life, as well as Six Flags New England once but didn’t love anything. Anyways, Hulk is and will always be one of my favorites. The launch is just such a great part of the ride and that beginning section is such a rush. Goes down a hit once thru the tunnel bit the new soundtrack makes things all the better. So hyped for this coaster now idk why for awhile I wasn’t all that excited but this seems outstanding
You didn't love Superman at SFNE??? Blasphemous!

You didn't love Superman at SFNE??? Blasphemous!
I liked it a lot! Doesn’t hold any comparison to Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt, or Hulk though. But yes it was pretty fun the one time I went the wait was like 70 min and not worth it. Excalibur at Funtown Splashtown in Saco Maine is my local coaster. Wooden but is a bunch of fun

I liked it a lot! Doesn’t hold any comparison to Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt, or Hulk though. But yes it was pretty fun the one time I went the wait was like 70 min and not worth it. Excalibur at Funtown Splashtown in Saco Maine is my local coaster. Wooden but is a bunch of fun
To each their own. I haven't ventured to a ton of thrill heavy parks either (SFNE, Georgia, NJ and Knott's are about it outside of Florida), but Superman @ SFNE is still probably my favorite coaster. Iron Gwazi looks like it has a chance to steal that spot though.

To each their own. I haven't ventured to a ton of thrill heavy parks either (SFNE, Georgia, NJ and Knott's are about it outside of Florida), but Superman @ SFNE is still probably my favorite coaster. Iron Gwazi looks like it has a chance to steal that spot though.
Hey to each their own! Nothing’s beaten Cheetah Hunt for me personally but I agree Iron Gwazi looks LEGIT

Dear god anything to talk about the parks again, it's @Alicia back with a JP update vid.

Thanks for doing the Lords work @Alicia

So it's pretty obvious we're only having one "pen" for the Raptors and not 2 to increase capacity? That's unfortunate :(
It seems more just a direct replacement/move of the original one but no "plussing", in any way (not that it needed it; outside of capacity).

Thanks for doing the Lords work @Alicia

So it's pretty obvious we're only having one "pen" for the Raptors and not 2 to increase capacity? That's unfortunate :(
It seems more just a direct replacement/move of the original one but no "plussing", in any way (not that it needed it; outside of capacity).
Right, it very much looks like the original Raptor Encounter set up... however, the entrance to the RE queue looks like it might be pretty cool, judging by the poured concrete bases near the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.