Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 777 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not, there’s nothing driving the train forward, gravity does that. The static magnet only serves to slow down the train as it crests downwards into the drop. This reduces the speed overages you’d get if you let it fly through the rest of the relatively low layout without a mag in place.

Which will also serve to eliminate people needing a chiropractor or smelling salts after that heartline roll.

• Haha
Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I mean, it was all speculation in the first place

They can overspeed a launch, slow it down at the top, and control the speed on the second half all at the same time
No. . . Just no. They will NOT launch a coaster faster than it needs to be, on purpose, just to slow it down. Also, you say it's all speculation but it appears everything you have been saying has been presenting as fact vs question/speculation.

"Well they're also trying to minimize the whip over the top hat...they clearly don't want you flying over it"

That is stated as a fact when, in fact, you have shown you really don't know what you are saying.

No. . . Just no. They will NOT launch a coaster faster than it needs to be, on purpose, just to slow it down. Also, you say it's all speculation but it appears everything you have been saying has been presenting as fact vs question/speculation.

"Well they're also trying to minimize the whip over the top hat...they clearly don't want you flying over it"

That is stated as a fact when, in fact, you have shown you really don't know what you are saying.

Engineer in IoA's executive offices: "Hey, I know that 70 mph is sufficient to clear the top hat. Let's send the next group up at 85 mph and watch their faces!!!"

1595875732927.png Courtesy The Far Side and Gary Larson.

If any of you want a reminder of what a roller coaster hype thread looked like around 2008, check out the first pages of the Rockit thread, back when GCI’s were the supreme wooden coasters, Intamins were only known as unreliable, before B&M’s got too repetitive, and Maurer was getting weirdly hyped up.
I remember when HRRR was first announced...People thought it was going to launch vertically haha...Good times

Although, I don't think any hype around this ride is misguided

I think it was trying to figure it out and I have the habit of presenting it as fact while speculating in my head

I hope you will be ok

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Moving right along, I wonder why they haven't finish the track at least on the lagoon side. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.