Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanepizzaguy

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2012
Hadrosaur Cove

nightview.jpeg

Opening Summer 2021

Step into Jurassic Park and stand in awe and wonder at a land transformed by science after 65 million years. But don't be deceived by the island’s beauty because danger lurks behind every corner. Only here can you live the adventure of coming face to face with giant creatures of the Earth’s past, encounter raptors roaming every day, or take a daring raft expedition through jungles teeming with dinosaurs. For those brave enough to visit the raptor paddock, you may be able to carefully approach one of these deadly predators. Then feel the rush of the hunt as you race through the jungle alongside raptors on the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, a new species of roller coaster coming Summer 2021.

--------

I've heard that there are rumors going around that there is going to be some kind of roller coaster planed for Jurassic Park. Is there any truth to these rumors or will we just have to wait to find out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think at this point, maybe we should keep this thread, and retitle it to "Jurassic Park Expansion Rumor". And compile the rumors here so that they are easy to find. What do you think HTF?

So is there any word of something being added in addition to the coaster that might be open by 2014? Or is it just the coaster?

I thought it was supposed to be a jeep ride?

Jeep ride to my knowledge won't ever happen. It was either the Jeep ride or River Adventure not both as they share the same principal story.

OK, I will throw this out there. The 2nd attraction that I heard was proposed is an omnimover style dark ride that loads where the current labs are in the Discovery Center and the first scene would be the animated DNA scene that is a direct lift from the 1st film. The 2nd scene would be passing a new lab facility with TMs in white coats doing stuff, the third scene would be a bunch of caged scary dino AAs like Velociraptors and such. The unload would be in the new area where the Amber Mine coaster and new food stands and such would be. It reminds me of the old Sea Cabs from The Living Seas.

OK, I will throw this out there. The 2nd attraction that I heard was proposed is an omnimover style dark ride that loads where the current labs are in the Discovery Center and the first scene would be the animated DNA scene that is a direct lift from the 1st film. The 2nd scene would be passing a new lab facility with TMs in white coats doing stuff, the third scene would be a bunch of caged scary dino AAs like Velociraptors and such. The unload would be in the new area where the Amber Mine coaster and new food stands and such would be. It reminds me of the old Sea Cabs from The Living Seas.

That's neat, and better than nothing. JP is in desperate need of more attractions. Would love more rides with dinos where it doesn't involve getting soaked at the end so I can ride it more.

That's neat, and better than nothing. JP is in desperate need of more attractions. Would love more rides with dinos where it doesn't involve getting soaked at the end so I can ride it more.

And "Family Friendly" too boot! Also it wouldn't have to close when it rains!

That's very interesting...

Isn't the current lab area over underneath the store? If it is, would that mean the whole bottom level of the Discovery Center would be taken over by this attraction (can't see how it could happen any other way)? That would mean an extension to the building on the side facing Triceratops Encounter's pad, but I'd be a little concerned about its visibility and how it would affect the view of the Discovery Center from other areas of the lagoon. Is the Trike pad on the "upper level" or does it also slope down towards the lagoon? With the equipment for Popeye behind it, I'd imagine its all at the higher elevation, but I've never really paid too much attention to how that all changes in the area.

The Triceratops Encounter pads are about 6 feet lower than the upper level of The Discovery Center. If the Omnimover Dark ride were to happen, there would have to be a slight incline somewhere along the ride path. But nothing that that type of ride system couldn't handle.

I love it. I've always wanted them to recreate the attraction from the film. I wouldnt be opposed to it being a moving theater type attraction like the film either.

Just a refresher (of course there would be some tweaks):

[video=youtube;iMsJe3TymqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMsJe3TymqY[/video]

"Buy" the way, I WANT John Hammond's walking stick!

I have no evidence, but does Disney have any kind of exclusivity on the Omnimover system? I would think so. What if the ride was some kind of Sally system with the Magic Carpet system of FJ?

The Hershey Chocolate Factory Tour uses a similar system, so something could be done.

If the ride is done in a style like that, that would be neat, even if that tour has gotten worse with its upgrades over the last few years.

I wonder if they'll try to make any attraction(s) tie into the new JP4 film.

Status
Not open for further replies.