Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that type of ride seem dated, seeing as it would be based directly off of the first movie which came out in the early 90's? I love the idea though, it's simple and every one can enjoy it.

Wouldn't that type of ride seem dated, seeing as it would be based directly off of the first movie which came out in the early 90's? I love the idea though, it's simple and every one can enjoy it.
With 4 coming out, I believe the entire franchise will be re-energized. And an "origins story" attraction would satisfy the fan base.

Did I mention I want that walking stick? It would go nicely with my Lucious Malfoy cane/wand.

COUNT ME IN!!! LOVE how this sounds, I would probably ride it several times each visit, really would add an extra sense of realism to the area. Really hope this one actually gets built.

I have no evidence, but does Disney have any kind of exclusivity on the Omnimover system? I would think so. What if the ride was some kind of Sally system with the Magic Carpet system of FJ?

Arrow designed the system. Disney has no exclusivity to the ride system (in general). Plenty of other places have used similar systems (Phantom Theater in KI is another good example).

Love it. Great idea and great addition to the area. I would just tear out the whole bottom level of the discovery center for this and have it load in the middle where the dino skeletons are, then have it travel around the perimeter of the downstairs with it disembarking out the side of the building facing towards the new coaster. It should never leave the building for both cost and so the ride doesnt have to travel too far between the load and unload stations.

I rode a dino ride like this recently at Europa Park in Rust, Germany. That ride was built so it was basically on the basement level of a bigger attraction called Euro-Sat. It was exactly like an omni-mover vehicle going to through prehistoric scenes in a relatively small area that felt big because of clever use of space. For anyone who wants to see what I'm talking about, this video is pretty solid...
[video=youtube;jCUmMt3R_Qw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCUmMt3R_Qw[/video]

So are we thinking that the station will only replace the exhibits in the south section of the Discovery Center (DNA Sequencing and Discovering Dinosaurs)? Nursery, You Bet Jurassic, Beasaur are all staying?

So are we thinking that the station will only replace the exhibits in the south section of the Discovery Center (DNA Sequencing and Discovering Dinosaurs)? Nursery, You Bet Jurassic, Beasaur are all staying?
I was told, "The current Labs". Don't know the extent. But be reminded I have no confirmation of this, just I was told that it was one of the proposed attractions for this project . But I have heard the Amber Mine thing from at least 3 different sources. They could throw in a clone of Triceratops Spin for the second attraction.

Last edited:
Well, this idea is fantastic. Faithful to the canon, will drive traffic into the Discovery Center, will give IOA a family attraction that it desperately needs. Love it.

I was told, "The current Labs". Don't know the extent. But be reminded I have no confirmation of this, just I was told that it was one of the proposed attractions for this project . I have had no conformation on it. But I have heard the Amber Mine thing from at least 3 different sources. They could throw in a clone of Triceratops Spin for the second attraction.

[video=youtube_share;G5Wz7RgMafY]http://youtu.be/G5Wz7RgMafY[/video]

This is at Universal Singapore, but it's basically One Fish Two Fish.

I was told, "The current Labs". Don't know the extent. But be reminded I have no confirmation of this, just I was told that it was one of the proposed attractions for this project . I have had no conformation on it. But I have heard the Amber Mine thing from at least 3 different sources. They could throw in a clone of Triceratops Spin for the second attraction.

Another spinner is possible....

OK, I will throw this out there. The 2nd attraction that I heard was proposed is an omnimover style dark ride that loads where the current labs are in the Discovery Center and the first scene would be the animated DNA scene that is a direct lift from the 1st film. The 2nd scene would be passing a new lab facility with TMs in white coats doing stuff, the third scene would be a bunch of caged scary dino AAs like Velociraptors and such. The unload would be in the new area where the Amber Mine coaster and new food stands and such would be. It reminds me of the old Sea Cabs from The Living Seas.

Doesn't that sound a tad bit short? I hope for at least one more scene so it isn't only half of a attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.