Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be upgrading PF to handle higher capacity. That way everyone could ride.

If they were to do that, how plausible could it be that the entire track gets reworked, to be more like Singapore's Canopy Flyers (from Setpoint Inc, the people responsible for Hollywood's DMMM and F&F implementations), to where it can accommodate a higher amount of riders and adults?

Had a chance to look at the all the pics finally and heres my stab at this. Sorry if its already been discussed too much. I think what were seeing is preliminary site work for a future expansion aka roller coaster per the current rumors. The markings on the flyers signal to me that they are indeed staying but needed to be inspected before site work begins.

If you look at overhead or satellite images of the area i think the next area of concern would be the Raptor encounter and Discovery Center. RE is gonna have to move if a project happens and if you think about it the locations are beyond limited in JP. And even more so limited if theyre building a new ride. So my thought is they move the RE to the least utilized location in all of JP the lower level of the Discovery Center. Doing this brings people into DC and frees up land that is blocking the rest of the unused trike plot.

Final thought with the Pottah coaster opening next and being more of a “family” friendly attraction. I think what we see here is something more of a true thrill ride. We will see as time goes on but from reading peoples thoughts, seeing these photos, and putting together my own guesses I think this area is without a doubt the next area to watch as the year goes on.

Next week there's a special Jurassic park presentation in Hollywood, which apparently will also be used to say something about Hollywood's River Adventure; might this also be when we will hear something about our Jurassic Park?

Nothing has been said of Hollywood's Jurassic Park - The Ride being talked about during that event.

Looks like ‘Blue’ from the Jurassic World films will be joining the Raptor Encounter soon. Guess that means it’s not temporarily moving for a new ride to be built till at least after the summer.
Universal is good at shutting an attraction down right after Labor Day and having a great new ride open up 20 months later. Well, other than F&FS.

Universal is good at shutting an attraction down right after Labor Day and having a great new ride open up 20 months later. Well, other than F&FS.
I don't think that they have actually done that very many times unless you use a really liberal definition of "right after labor day."

I don't think that they have actually done that very many times unless you use a really liberal definition of "right after labor day."
Last time I can remember would be with Twister/Fallon. It's been well over 20 months (32-ish) from closure of Disaster to open of F&F so you can't count that.

Here's something that could be interesting...

Last week, a Demolition permit was filed with the City of Orlando (Project 791). Details were scarce so I didn't want to post anything yet, as I don't like speculating on just a project number. Then, yesterday, two new Project 791 permits were filed - an engineering permit (which is also for the demolition) and a building permit for a fence. I still didn't have any specific details though, like project size, or even what park the project was for.

qGbZsm7.png

nmQCcau.png

Q4uQI5n.png

Fast forward to about 3 hours ago, when a new SFWMD permit popped up - for Project 971? For those who might not remember, Project 971 was the project number for the Simpsons mini-land they added to USF back in 2013. Weird that they would be filing a new permit for that. But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

yncYNua.png

The demolition is for a total of 1.36 acres within IOA. Unfortunately, there is no exact location available yet... but, with help from the project description, we can make a very educated guess on where it will be:

This project is located in Section 24, Township 23 South, Range 28 East, City of Orlando, Orange County, Florida. This project includes the demolition of buildings, walkways and landscape retaining walls. Attached is a copy of the demolition plans for your review. Also find attached a Basin Site Location Map (Exhibit 1) showing the location of the site in Basin IOA. The existing project site is a hardscape and landscape area with eleven small (ranging between 72 sf and 1,706sf) permanent structures. The total site area is approximately 59,279 sf (1.36 acres) of which 13,988 sf (0.32 acres) is pavement and 9,538 sf (0.22 acres) are building. This scope of this demolition phase of this project is to remove 13,988 sf (0.32 acres) of pavement area and 9,538 sf (0.22 acres) of building.

So we're looking for 1.36 acres with several small to medium sized structures. The fact that I'm posting this in this JP thread kind of ruins any element of surprise here, but it just so happens that the former Triceratops Encounter plot of land is roughly 1.36 acres in size:

JCgrwQT.jpg

Again, this is mostly still speculative... All we can really gather from these permits is there's a 1.36 acre demolition project about to start in IOA and they probably made a typo when filing with the SFWMD... But combining that with the whispers from the insiders about a new JP coaster really makes this seem likely.

Here's something that could be interesting...

Last week, a Demolition permit was filed with the City of Orlando (Project 791). Details were scarce so I didn't want to post anything yet, as I don't like speculating on just a project number. Then, yesterday, two new Project 791 permits were filed - an engineering permit (which is also for the demolition) and a building permit for a fence. I still didn't have any specific details though, like project size, or even what park the project was for.

qGbZsm7.png

nmQCcau.png

Q4uQI5n.png

Fast forward to about 3 hours ago, when a new SFWMD permit popped up - for Project 971? For those who might not remember, Project 971 was the project number for the Simpsons mini-land they added to USF back in 2013. Weird that they would be filing a new permit for that. But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

yncYNua.png

The demolition is for a total of 1.36 acres within IOA. Unfortunately, there is no exact location available yet... but, with help from the project description, we can make a very educated guess on where it will be:

So we're looking for 1.36 acres with several small to medium sized structures. The fact that I'm posting this in this JP thread kind of ruins any element of surprise here, but it just so happens that the former Triceratops Encounter plot of land is roughly 1.36 acres in size:

JCgrwQT.jpg

Again, this is mostly still speculative... All we can really gather from these permits is there's a 1.36 acre demolition project about to start in IOA and they probably made a typo when filing with the SFWMD... But combining that with the whispers from the insiders about a new JP coaster really makes this seem likely.
Certainly sounds like you nailed it there. You get my vote for Inside Universal post of the day.

Looks like ‘Blue’ from the Jurassic World films will be joining the Raptor Encounter soon. Guess that means it’s not temporarily moving for a new ride to be built till at least after the summer.

I've been told "Raptor Encounter will not be affected" by the new ride construction. Take that however you will, as I wasn't told anything else on what they meant by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.