Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 331 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Raptor Encounter entrance on the right side of burger digs (left side of Discovery Center if you're down by the water looking at the building's front) might be a good idea... So the entrance would still be along the main path, kinda nearby where it is now, (near where the T-Rex/Jeep photo op is now, but to the left.)

Currently that's Team Member only on that side, but a new entrance/exit path there would be a great way to keep the raptor encounter busy with foot traffic, while still moving it down in front of the Discovery Center. And that could explain the demolition part of the permits.

Just thinking out loud.

I make my first ever trip from the UK to Florida this October, and was so excited for Jurassic Park (I did the same ride at the Hollywood US in 2001 and absolutely loved it).

Should I be concerned that the same announcement is imminent for Florida :(

So are you under the impression we wont have an update at all? Or we just will get both JP rides at the same time?

I legitimately have 0 clue what's going on with Jurassic Park outside of "Hey they're probably adding another ride."

I would assume JPRA here will get *something* done to it over the next few years. But I don't know if it'll be to the same level USH is getting or just some more minor upgrades. I don't think whatever those upgrades are will come this year though.

Reactions: Andysol
Yea I think once those bolt markings popped up it really was just for maintenance

I’m gonna go on record and say because of that, whatever ends up on the Trike plot will not be a coaster. Just doesn’t feel right
Every rumor I've ever read about this said coaster. Way back in the original plan for this area was a kid coaster. I wonder if that might be all we're getting?

Every rumor I've ever read about this said coaster. Way back in the original plan for this area was a kid coaster. I wonder if that might be all we're getting?
Every rumor (and real info) said Mario was 100%, no doubt about it, for sure going into KidZone...until it wasn’t.

I don’t see any possible way they fit a coaster on that plot unless it’s a Hippogriff/Barnstormer style coaster

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Every rumor (and real info) said Mario was 100%, no doubt about it, for sure going into KidZone...until it wasn’t.

I don’t see any possible way they fit a coaster on that plot unless it’s a Hippogriff/Barnstormer style coaster
Just took a look at Google Maps satellite image of Islands of Adventure. The area looks almost twice the size of the Hippogriff spot. I think it is enough for Universal Creative to do something interesting with.

I'd be happy with a people mover style ride with animatronics and pretty things to look at. Nice easy-going relaxing rides are in short supply at Universal.

I'm guessing new JP ride and JPRA-refurb (maybe not to the extent USH is getting though) to open in 2020

I agree with your general stance that it should remain JP instead of JW, because... why? But I get that they have a marketing angle, even if I’d rather they not.

So that said- would you rather have a nice JPRA refurb and it stay JP
Or
Would you rather have a nice JPRA that becomes JWRA in addition to whatever this new mystery attraction is going to be (based on what we know now)? Because it’s likely going to be the latter. Just gauging how much you dislike JW :D

Yea I think once those bolt markings popped up it really was just for maintenance

I’m gonna go on record and say because of that, whatever ends up on the Trike plot will not be a coaster. Just doesn’t feel right
A coaster is just not needed. An indoor B/C people mover attraction or dark ride is what IoA needs (and particularly in that area). And I can’t wish hard enough that they incorporate the useless discovery center in some way.
I’ll be happy with whatever they do, because it will be an addition. But I hope they address a need here- specifically something indoors- even if it’s a *gasp* screen based attraction.

Reactions: Mike S and BrenRays
I agree with your general stance that it should remain JP instead of JW, because... why? But I get that they have a marketing angle, even if I’d rather they not.

So that said- would you rather have a nice JPRA refurb and it stay JP
Or
Would you rather have a nice JPRA that becomes JWRA in addition to whatever this new mystery attraction is going to be (based on what we know now)? Because it’s likely going to be the latter. Just gauging how much you dislike JW :D

A coaster is just not needed. An indoor B/C people mover attraction or dark ride is what IoA needs (and particularly in that area). And I can’t wish hard enough that they incorporate the useless discovery center in some way.
I’ll be happy with whatever they do, because it will be an addition. But I hope they address a need here- specifically something indoors- even if it’s a *gasp* screen based attraction.
Yeah a nice discovery center tour with maybe a Mr. DNA intro and slow mover through some labs then maybe the raptor enclosure and baby dinosaur enclosures.

BLUE!

View attachment 6680

EDIT: He's literally the last raptor alive in the film series, and the report says a new "raptor" is coming.

Instead of Blue, could be the new Indoraptor from upcoming JW Fallen Kingdom movie?
"Indoraptor Encounter"??
The kids would love it...

Attachments

• Jurassic-World-2-Toys-Hybrid-Dinosaur-Indoraptor.jpg
    Jurassic-World-2-Toys-Hybrid-Dinosaur-Indoraptor.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.