Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Winston monkey.

I hope tht Jurassic World 2 flops so they will think twice about making the area Jurassic World. Like the hipster guy in Jurassic World says, the original was so legit.

I completely disagree. I’d welcome these changes considering I really enjoyed the first JW and am anticipating the second. Based on how popular this franchise is and the amount of advertising/promotions they’ve done for this new one, there’s no way in Isla Nublar that it will fail financially.

I’m still in the fence about the idea of a JW overlay. I can see the benefit of not doing it and making the attractions have their differences instead of just being a clone of each other.

JPRA needs some love and I hope that would still happen.

I want JW 2 to do well to encourage more rides in the parks. I'm not sure how I feel about an overlay, though. I loved JPRA and figure that Pteranodon Flyers is good for young sprouts. Still, I can think of ways to plus the JPRA and, I'll admit this, I don't ride it every time that I'm there because I get soaked. Yes, I'm one of those poor fools that are doomed to get soaked. Probably because, despite my avatar, I hate water. Borderline hydrophobic as well. I also get soaked on Splash Mountain by that one geyser that nails me right before the second lift. It's like there is a person in a control booth who can tell which people don't want to get wet. "Ah, that sap sitting in row two is looking at the water with dread. Your fears are well founded, sir, as I will now initiate the Drench Program for your ride."

Still, I will accept it as long as they keep the John Williams score.

I want JW 2 to do well to encourage more rides in the parks. I'm not sure how I feel about an overlay, though. I loved JPRA and figure that Pteranodon Flyers is good for young sprouts. Still, I can think of ways to plus the JPRA and, I'll admit this, I don't ride it every time that I'm there because I get soaked. Yes, I'm one of those poor fools that are doomed to get soaked. Probably because, despite my avatar, I hate water. Borderline hydrophobic as well. I also get soaked on Splash Mountain by that one geyser that nails me right before the second lift. It's like there is a person in a control booth who can tell which people don't want to get wet. "Ah, that sap sitting in row two is looking at the water with dread. Your fears are well founded, sir, as I will now initiate the Drench Program for your ride."

Still, I will accept it as long as they keep the John Williams score.
I like to turn and wave to the person in the control booth right before the big drop. They usually wave back.

In a perfect world I’d put a dock right in front of the Discover Center and have the boats go fully around the lagoon

I fear that it would be too popular for overall guest satisfaction... that the waits would be untenable with some guests expecting “something attraction-like” to happen.

I do agree however that in-theory it sounds dreamy and wonderful.

I fear that it would be too popular for overall guest satisfaction... that the waits would be untenable with some guests expecting “something attraction-like” to happen.

They could just put a sign out front:

This is a relaxing boat ride where nothing goes horribly wrong. We promise. Really.

I thought a ride that goes under the water around the lagoon with several small show scenes would be tons of fun....Then I realized how shallow the lagoon was haha

mk_20120427_1070061142.jpg

6193763396_dfa2649b4d_b_20120607_2078370751.jpg

image045_20120522_1342181965.jpg
223_20120926_1286233937.jpg
224_20120926_1732852813.jpg
image006_20120522_1407368771.jpg

We don't even know if Jurassic World is coming to IOA if it doesn't then yes you would think it would be the Third/Fourth Gate at Universal Orlando and I assume keep JP land at IOA themed to the original trilogy of JP. This could just be a JP coaster and nothing else. That land for project 791 do you think it can hold one or two attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.