Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!! We get to finally ride the baby triceratops!!! That's it, isn't it?

I got some leaked pictures. Don't @ me,

latest

__

On a more..serious note, this raises the question again if Jurassic Park: River Adventure isn't long for this world, considering Hollywood is the first for the revamp's.

latest

__

On a more..serious note, this raises the question again if Jurassic Park: River Adventure isn't long for this world, considering Hollywood is the first for the revamp's.
Well, last year Orlando's JPRA was supposed to be closed in August for a major revamp too, until Universal changed their mind for the umpteenth time. So maybe change is a comin again. Blowing in the wind.

Why change the name of Camp Jurassic? Seems unnecessary, even if you're changing the name of the overall land to Jurassic World.

As for the River Adventure, I want to see how Hollywood's revamp goes before getting worried or excited about a similar thing happening at IOA. I'm deeply skeptical about what they're doing to the ride out there, but I'm reserving judgment until it's done.

Why change the name of Camp Jurassic? Seems unnecessary, even if you're changing the name of the overall land to Jurassic World.

As for the River Adventure, I want to see how Hollywood's revamp goes before getting worried or excited about a similar thing happening at IOA. I'm deeply skeptical about what they're doing to the ride out there, but I'm reserving judgment until it's done.

I think after F&F, this is the wise decision.

latest

__

I hope not. I really like the ride the way it is, although it could use a little love. Save JW for the new park. I'm still hopeful that the new coaster starts clearing soon. Although, I also want them to save as much of the foliage as possible. It is one of my favorite areas due to the amount of greenery.

I hope not. I really like the ride the way it is, although it could use a little love. Save JW for the new park. I'm still hopeful that the new coaster starts clearing soon. Although, I also want them to save as much of the foliage as possible. It is one of my favorite areas due to the amount of greenery.

Unless something monumental changes, Jurassic World will definitely not be in Park 3

Maybe they want to clean up the story. T-Rex wasn't in the Jurassic so maybe that is the excuse to show it some love?

Unless something monumental changes, Jurassic World will definitely not be in Park 3
So Jurassic is getting monumentally screwed by Universal in terms of state of the art themeing escapism? It's bottled in between Kong and Potter, plus the new coaster isn't exactly a gateway into an authentic Jurassic experience.

I just don't understand how they do such an incredible job with other properties but can't seem to muster the same magic for their biggest film franchise. Plus, I mean, dinosaurs man! Just make some cool living amongst dinosaurs theming and rides, make it seem like you're actually there experiencing the awe, and eventual adventure filled terror.

So Jurassic is getting monumentally screwed by Universal in terms of state of the art themeing escapism? It's bottled in between Kong and Potter, plus the new coaster isn't exactly a gateway into an authentic Jurassic experience.

I just don't understand how they do such an incredible job with other properties but can't seem to muster the same magic for their biggest film franchise. Plus, I mean, dinosaurs man! Just make some cool living amongst dinosaurs theming and rides, make it seem like you're actually there experiencing the awe, and eventual adventure filled terror.

For some reason, it feels like Universal is actively avoiding trying to add more dinosaurs and explicitly-dino-centric attractions to the land. That would be acceptable if we were getting more Jurassic in the next park, but if we're not...

Universal always seems to work better with somebody looking over their shoulder (Potter, Seuss and I'm sure Nintendo).

The problem with JP is that they nailed it with JPRA and they've created huge expectations about what a JP ride should be, mainly great AAs. The problem is that these are costly rides to build.

Yeah, that trademark really makes it sound like they're going to retheme Jurassic Park to Jurassic World. Which makes sense from a synergy perspective, but I find it massively disappointing, considering how intentionally corporate and soulless Jurassic World is aesthetically (its version of the Visitor Center is even called the Samsung Innovation Center). Either the retheme is completely half-assed, creating strange clashes between the two massively contrasting aesthestic styles, or they go all in, in which case we're left with a bland "appleified" soulless version of Jurassic Park based off of equally bland and soulless movies.

My guess for why Camp Jurassic would be renamed to Camp Cretaceous as part of this:
1) They'll change it in some ways so they can sell it as a different/updated attraction.
2)Alliteration (sort of)

At the end of the day, it comes down to money and it didn't make financial sense to move JP. You can't have EVERYTHING in the new park. You already have a Jurassic Park area in IOA. Makes more sense to just update it there.

I have no proof on this, and I'm just guessing, but I'm willing to bet merch sales just aren't there for the Jurassic property to justify two lands. I'd probably rather have JW in Park 3 than Fantastic Beasts (even if I find both franchises to be piss poor compared to their predecessors), but Uni sees how much more merch money the latter makes. It's an easy call for them

Personally, I think they should just go all in and retheme JP to JW. Having another land based on Dino’s seems kinda redundant. Yeah, newer rides is cool and all but it’s still the same IP. The new park should just focus on IPs that haven’t been used yet in the current parks. I have heard that Shrek will appear in the new park. Not excited for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.