Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the POV vid. Looks good. Adding it in Orlando along with the coaster would be a great move.

I think a lot of people expected the TRex and Indominous to actually fight......that seems hard to pull off. I’m sure something could be done to simulate it but it probably would require the ride building being demolished and starting from scratch.

Bring on the Blue and Silver!

And the blood!
I said as much in Hollywood's thread. I can see Orlando taking the idea of this, but it wouldn't be a like for like change.

Orlando wouldn't use the blood to that scale, for one. And I'd hope they would avoid the "jungle" motiff so this ride is so visually similar to AK's Dinosaur. But the overall polish would be a great add.

I said as much in Hollywood's thread. I can see Orlando taking the idea of this, but it wouldn't be a like for like change.

Orlando wouldn't use the blood to that scale, for one. And I'd hope they would avoid the "jungle" motiff so this ride is so visually similar to AK's Dinosaur. But the overall polish would be a great add.

I imagine there’s some internal politics and showmanship game that will prevent it being a one for one copy too.

I feel like our River Adventure is longer, is that correct or nah?

Also, I feel like we'd get some new (rather than refurbed) dinosaurs in the middle of the ride.

Also, also, I like how the raptors had one of the most tense scenes in cinema history in the first movie, and now they have the cutest icon.

I think there's a way to take a "best of both worlds" approach. I would hope so, anyway. Give River Adventure's first half a refresh with new/refurbished/additional AAs, transition into a Predator Cove area that actually, you know, has some predators that we can see (how about a Baryonyx peering out of the jungle paddock, for example?), in addition to establishing that the Indominus has escaped, and the culminate with the new finale from Hollywood.

I really don't want the aquarium conceit to transfer over, personally. Though I'm sure that's the element that is probably most likely to happen if JW comes to Islands. You're basically just left with 3 animatronic dinosaurs in the whole ride until the ascent, and I think there needs to be more.

I think there's a way to take a "best of both worlds" approach. I would hope so, anyway. Give River Adventure's first half a refresh with new/refurbished/additional AAs, transition into a Predator Cove area that actually, you know, has some predators that we can see (how about a Baryonyx peering out of the jungle paddock, for example?), in addition to establishing that the Indominus has escaped, and the culminate with the new finale from Hollywood.

I really don't want the aquarium conceit to transfer over, personally. Though I'm sure that's the element that is probably most likely to happen if JW comes to Islands. You're basically just left with 3 animatronic dinosaurs in the whole ride until the ascent, and I think there needs to be more.
I was just looking at ours again and I forgot the Raptor pen is placed differently here. I second what you are saying a redone version of ours but unique with the ending of California's would be nice

I could see them keep everything up till the containment area and put the aquarium there as part of predator cove. That’ll transition better plus you can be lifted out of the aquarium on the ramp and see the Monosaur to the left and right of you right below.

I feel like our River Adventure is longer, is that correct or nah?

Also, I feel like we'd get some new (rather than refurbed) dinosaurs in the middle of the ride.

Also, also, I like how the raptors had one of the most tense scenes in cinema history in the first movie, and now they have the cutest icon.

I’m curious to know if there any differences between the two. I think the maintenance is in different locations?

Watching the POV, it looks good. I think the only thing maybe bringing it down is that it’s an upgrade because if that was a new ride, the reviews would be even better.

I could see them keep everything up till the containment area and put the aquarium there as part of predator cove. That’ll transition better plus you can be lifted out of the aquarium on the ramp and see the Monosaur to the left and right of you right below.
I like that idea. I'd hate to lose the grand entrance with the gates opening, in Orlando. That's a awe inspiring beginning.

This type of scenario is probably best we could hope for. If they take their time and listen to what people did/didn’t like about the JW update and then have a better version open in Orlando. My dream would be to keep the JP theme and restore all the animatronics to their original working glory or just replace them with all new ones with really fluid movements. Sadly I don’t think that will fly as they will only update if turning into JW. I just hope they make some improvements from the Hollywood version but sadly they will probably clone as much as possible to save money.

I think you may have just put all the puzzle pieces together in the most appropriate way! Big fan of this idea, because there's already that straightaway section right before we head into the incline with only these mural-type things on either side. Perfect for a simulated aquarium. True, it would be a shorter scene, but you could enclose the top and still do the water spray effects. I think you make everybody happy this way.

giphy.gif

I like that idea. I'd hate to lose the grand entrance with the gates opening, in Orlando. That's a awe inspiring beginning.

Which is also why I don’t want them re-theming the whole land to JW. We already lost one of the gates to skull island and I’d be said if that last gate leading from hogsmeade into JP is changed to JW theme. The JP gate is just so iconic!

This type of scenario is probably best we could hope for. If they take their time and listen to what people did/didn’t like about the JW update and then have a better version open in Orlando. My dream would be to keep the JP theme and restore all the animatronics to their original working glory or just replace them with all new ones with really fluid movements. Sadly I don’t think that will fly as they will only update if turning into JW. I just hope they make some improvements from the Hollywood version but sadly they will probably clone as much as possible to save money.

Like they listened to people's complaints about F&F?

Watching the POV, it looks good. I think the only thing maybe bringing it down is that it’s an upgrade because if that was a new ride, the reviews would be even better.
Pretty much, you will always have people who wont be able to let go of an old ride.

Being an overlay has a lot more to live up to IMO....It has to recapture the magic of the old version, and add things to freshen up the new version.

I think this is a success on both of those fronts. The swelling of the new score with the Mososaur scene is simply breathtaking, and the old JP score playing in the untouched scene with the Stegosaurs is my best example of how you make an overlay work.

The only addition I would have made would have been the falling box effect from JP in IOA

My only grip is that it makes no sense that the Mososaur could simply brake the glass by bumping into it. How many times does this happen haha? Did they not plan for this?

If they do decide to switch, it will probably be a similar timeframe, month wise. Universal tends to close rides in September once the busy summer season is out the way and it needs JPRA for the heat.

Having the redo open in July though means really stretching the coaster construction if they plan on opening both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.