Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 635 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know why the delay?
Could be they didn't want to open two coasters one year apart in the same park. Could be they ran into unforseen issues with the land. Could be that they want to time it with a larger re-do of the entire land. Could be that they want to time it with the next film's release. Or, it could be, somehow, all of these reasons simultaneously.

Sure looking like black supports in those new pics. Getting even stronger vibes that this is gonna be a mega-Taron when all is said and done.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I think 2021 just makes the most sense. Especially if it’s entire rebranding, better to open everything together at once rather than Coaster next year then JPRA re do/revamp. Also advertising Jurassic World as an entire new land should lead to a few more vacations rather than just a new coaster

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
Any chance they shut down JRA prior to HHN? Hoping to get a few last rides in, and if the coaster is 2021 there should be plenty of time to revamp JRA in 2020.....

I’d assume it’d he closed for a year. It closed for I believe 10 months in Hollywood so 2 more months isn’t too crazy, plus with all the construction going on at the resort with the new park, coaster, re-theme of the land, a year doesn’t sound crazy to me. I’d expect January when it goes down for refurb it just doesn’t open again.

Reactions: OrlLover and soma27
The assembly of the coaster should be pretty quick and straightforward once footers are in place, it's the finishing work (scenery, show scenes/buildings) that will take time. A coaster can go together in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.