Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when the CEO said they don't announce new attractions until the vacation planning cycle for the time period when the attraction opens starts. Which is about 8 months prior to when the attraction opens. So since no major attractions were removed for this, I expect them to hold to that strategy.

I think they will have to address it in their new year blog post but I wouldn't expect anything more than 'we're building a coaster in Jurassic Park'.

No stats, no concept art, no details, no opening date.

They've teased it out with the construction walls and they know nothing is a secret thanks to social media. No need to announce to the GP until they have a firm opening date (just like Hagrid's). Right now "everyone" (who cares) knows. The people who don't know are also easily confused and would expect the ride to be open because it was announced.

They've teased it out with the construction walls and they know nothing is a secret thanks to social media. No need to announce to the GP until they have a firm opening date (just like Hagrid's). Right now "everyone" (who cares) knows. The people who don't know are also easily confused and would expect the ride to be open because it was announced.
I expect this to follow how they handled Kong. Literally pretend there is nothing happening until about 8 months out.

This one is also in the middle of the park, on a small, squishy plot of land, and they had to build platforms in the lagoon for cranes.

granted I think they should still have had this done for 2020, but this isn’t like TRON that’s being built backstage or Guardians with easy access for workers
I love that squishy is catching on.

Last edited:
That helps a ton! Thanks Brian. And the pink would spread to the previous buildings too? Or is there a reason they're unshaded?

:eek:k:

All unshaded is either done or hasn't been touched. The top left is where the temp Raptor Encounter/Pizza Predattoria presently sits. The bottom left is the entrance to JPRA. Along the bottom is Camp Jurassic/Popeye's. The walkway in the pink between JP and Raptor is currently blocked.

:eek:k:

All unshaded is either done or hasn't been touched. The top left is where the temp Raptor Encounter/Pizza Predattoria presently sits. The bottom left is the entrance to JPRA. Along the bottom is Camp Jurassic/Popeye's. The walkway in the pink between JP and Raptor is currently blocked.

Makes sense. I said it was going to get worse before it got better, but dead ends and an unshaded concrete death march. Fun times. :lmao:

Do you think we've hit rock bottom and we'll be on the upswing from here on out?

Makes sense. I said it was going to get worse before it got better, but dead ends and an unshaded concrete death march. Fun times. :lmao:

Do you think we've hit rock bottom and we'll be on the upswing from here on out?

It's about to get interesting.

I'm guessing the first thing done will be the perma-home of the Raptor Encounter, so they can swing the walls back over that way and get that area going.

It's about to get interesting.

I'm guessing the first thing done will be the perma-home of the Raptor Encounter, so they can swing the walls back over that way and get that area going.

Agreed. Having one side being walls would be a massive improvement, obviously. In particular if it is finished and landscaped well on the other side.

Do you expect them to address the Pizza Predattoria area any? If not, I think we're rock bottom right now, so it'll get better. If so, I suppose they could close that area off to repave or rework any walkways, which would be even worse.

This is an ugly project to manage. I feel for them. There's just no reasonable way to not have it be terrible for a few months.

Agreed. Having one side being walls would be a massive improvement, obviously. In particular if it is finished and landscaped well on the other side.

Do you expect them to address the Pizza Predattoria area any? If not, I think we're rock bottom right now, so it'll get better. If so, I suppose they could close that area off to repave or rework any walkways, which would be even worse.

This is an ugly project to manage. I feel for them. There's just no reasonable way to not have it be terrible for a few months.

Oh, I hope so. :lol:

This one is also in the middle of the park, on a small, squishy plot of land, and they had to build platforms in the lagoon for cranes.

granted I think they should still have had this done for 2020, but this isn’t like TRON that’s being built backstage or Guardians with easy access for workers

Tron has a logistics challenge with the surrounding area, moving the railway track is going to be more challenging than a walkway.

The big challenge that IOA has is that it’s layout is a loop, you just can’t close off an area without massive disruption to the full park.

The next set of aerials from Bio will be interesting

The big challenge that IOA has is that it’s layout is a loop, you just can’t close off an area without massive disruption to the full park.

They could always just keep building more bridges on the lagoon to detour around lands like they did for Potter construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.