Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not in a box if you where hoping for that. It's track and it's high up, what can you do besides not building an awesome coaster?

Steel coaster track can be beautiful, what's the worry?

I never expected anything to be indoors and Busch Gardens Williamsburg proves Joe's point alone, but even still, it hasn't clicked for me yet. At least with that edit.

The top hat just seems so excessively tall compared to everything else in view. It almost overshadows the Discovery Center in a way. I guess I just wasn't expecting another Hulk tier addition to the skyline with this one.

I'm certainly very excited for the ride, but it's gonna take some time to get used to it. I'm just not sold on the look yet.

I never expected anything to be indoors and Busch Gardens Williamsburg proves Joe's point alone, but even still, it hasn't clicked for me yet. At least with that edit.

The top hat just seems so excessively tall compared to everything else in view. It almost overshadows the Discovery Center in a way. I guess I just wasn't expecting another Hulk tier addition to the skyline with this one.

I'm certainly very excited for the ride, but it's gonna take some time to get used to it. I'm just not sold on the look yet.
From a distant it will stick out, just like Hogwarts or the Hulk. But when you are in the land and it is finished and planted I think it won't be that dominant because the closeness of the jungle and probably rock work and other structures. Also remember this in fact is Universal's version of Dinoland USA (except it's much better). This IS a theme park build on Isla Aventura.
Jurassic Park: Orlando | Jurassic Park wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

You're used to the Hulk.
Hulk is a massive mechanical contraption that has the luck of being placed in the land with the most modern and fictional tech-like aesthetic of all of them. The Cobra Roll immediately outside of Port of Entry acts as a sort of invitation to the Marvel side of the park and an incredible entrance through the Marvel Bridge. The lack of a big archway or sign saying Marvel Super Hero Island compared to Suess, JP, Potter is because Hulk does the same job much better. Placing a blue top hat on the direct other side of the park could serve a similar purpose if it was dead center as you walked through Port of Entry. Fortunately, the iconic Discovery Center took that job and real estate back when the park first opened.

The difference between Hulk's Cobra Roll and the Velocicoaster's top hat is that the top hat is in an unfitting location, covers up an in-universe icon with something that never existed in any movie/show/book, and that the track can't be as easily waved away as non-diegetic like Hulk can due to the differences in aesthetic. It didn't fit in Potter and it doesn't fit here. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, but comparing it to Hulk is ridiculous.

Hulk is a massive mechanical contraption that has the luck of being placed in the land with the most modern and fictional tech-like aesthetic of all of them. The Cobra Roll immediately outside of Port of Entry acts as a sort of invitation to the Marvel side of the park and an incredible entrance through the Marvel Bridge. The lack of a big archway or sign saying Marvel Super Hero Island compared to Suess, JP, Potter is because Hulk does the same job much better. Placing a blue top hat on the direct other side of the park could serve a similar purpose if it was dead center as you walked through Port of Entry. Fortunately, the iconic Discovery Center took that job and real estate back when the park first opened.

The difference between Hulk's Cobra Roll and the Velocicoaster's top hat is that the top hat is in an unfitting location, covers up an in-universe icon with something that never existed in any movie/show/book, and that the track can't be as easily waved away as non-diegetic like Hulk can due to the differences in aesthetic. It didn't fit in Potter and it doesn't fit here. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, but comparing it to Hulk is ridiculous.
I don’t believe the top hat will be covering up the Discovery Center. I feel like the black track will look neat. This view was already kinda ruined for me when Hogwarts moved in. Plus, I kind of like the idea of having more track visible around the lagoon. Seuss’s Trolley, Hulk, and now Jurassic. Kinda fits the park, in its own weird way.

I think you make excellent points here. Each land asks for a different buy-in/level of suspension of disbelief from the guest. What works in one doesn't necessarily work for the other. The design approaches and goals are fundamentally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.