Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for those in the back...has there ever been another project where Intamin made the track, but Mack made the controls? Maybe that could help us see things in a way, if only to determine the type of trains being used.
Intamin doesn't do their own programming, so having Mack do it isn't the most outlandish idea but (as far as I know) it hasn't been done before.

Intamin doesn't do their own programming, so having Mack do it isn't the most outlandish idea but (as far as I know) it hasn't been done before.

Gabe gets it. And if you think this is unusual you should take a hard look at Gringotts. Lots of cross pollination on that one too. Intamin is controlling the physics of this attraction. It’s 100% just as much of an Intamin as Maverick and El Toro are. This happens more often than a lot of enthusiasts realize.

I don’t think you can claim it’s simply that.

Dragon Challenge, for example, we were also used to and it still stuck out like a sore thumb.
Even still, I felt Dueling Dragons was pretty well hidden from the paths and skyline. With the lift hugging the perimeter of the park and being sunken in a ditch so to say, to me, it never seemed like it stuck out . . . until potter moved in. Also, it's not so much as being used to hulk. When I first saw the concepts for IOA I was immediately drawn to hulk. It seemed to frame the land with it being so prominent at the entrance and the cityscape behind it. It just "fit" to me and the scaling of it didn't feel like it loomed over the other buildings. I guess I just have gotten use to the notion that Jurassic park is a land of discovery, a land where you feel something may be lurking in the bushes but you can't see it. Again, I would have to wait and see once its built but I don't know how fast I can get use to such a prominent element overshadowing one of the most iconic buildings in modern film.

It’s pretty mind-boggling how many fences are up in IoA for this coaster. I didn’t get a sense of it until I went to the park a couple weeks ago.

The Jurassic Park land is unrecognizable right now. There’s fences everywhere. All the trees are gone and there’s a stretch of the land that’s the hottest in the entire park.

I really can’t wait for this coaster. And maybe hopefully some Discovery Center and general peacemaking too?

I'll be glad when they're done with the coaster. IOA looked like crap when I was there in November. This has really ruined the look of the entire park due to it's location, it's always in your line of sight. We didn't even bother to walk over to Toon Lagoon or JP when we were there on vacation. Wish it wasn't taking so damn long to build it. Since I'm not a coaster fanatic, the coaster is no big deal to me.I doubt I'll even ride it more than once a year. But I do understand why they're building it since it's something their main demographic will like, thus it's a good business decision on Universal's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.