Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they have all of the Popeyes boats in the lagoon currently.

The service road to Popeyes is blocked off by JP construction (in bios photos you can see they totally ripped it up)

My guess is they’ll use the red crane to lift the Popeyes boats from the lagoon into the ride path.

The service road to Popeyes is blocked off by JP construction (in bios photos you can see they totally ripped it up)

My guess is they’ll use the red crane to lift the Popeyes boats from the lagoon into the ride path.
They’re all gone today, I assume they’re back in the ride.

Wild man

Is there any word on the design and color scheme that they'll be going with for the new Raptor Encounter? Will it be classic Jurassic Park or the more blue and modern approach in Hollywood? I'm still confused how the new coaster is going to be themed to Jurassic World while the rest of the land (and River Adventure) remain Jurassic Park.

Is the ride on the basis of story gonna be a coaster (since Jurassic Park/world is canon a theme park so they can get away with that approach) or do we think it’ll be portrayed as some sort of vehicle you can ride through the park on?

Is there any word on the design and color scheme that they'll be going with for the new Raptor Encounter? Will it be classic Jurassic Park or the more blue and modern approach in Hollywood? I'm still confused how the new coaster is going to be themed to Jurassic World while the rest of the land (and River Adventure) remain Jurassic Park.
It can't be any weirder than the Star Tours timeline

While I am excited for a new coaster, I am not a fan of how close this thing gets to Popeye. One of the coolest things about the ride was feeling isolated in the story of Popeye, and I’m not sure how having a giant coaster right next to it will allow it to retain some of its charm.

Oof. Raptor encounter doesn’t even look close to being done. There was a ton more prep work than I thought there would be. They need the new Raptor Encounter up and those walls down in the worst way.

While I am excited for a new coaster, I am not a fan of how close this thing gets to Popeye. One of the coolest things about the ride was feeling isolated in the story of Popeye, and I’m not sure how having a giant coaster right next to it will allow it to retain some of its charm.
I understand your concern. And from the looks of it from overhead; it looks like it will encroach on it a lot.
But in reality, when you’re getting gallons of water dumped on your head, I bet you don’t notice it one bit.
This will be one of those “Ride it before you judge” situations.

I’m wondering when we will know more about a Jurassic World land replacing Jurassic park at IOA unless Jurassic World gets put in the plans at epic universe and becomes a confirmed themed land later on. I think the roller coaster will be themed to JW but they could keep the JP themed it would be kinda weird. I see the construction walls in the Jurassic park area at IOA from pics and I don’t know if this is for the land or for completely for a land transformation into JW. It doesn’t make sense to have 2 Jurassic Park themed lands not sure why we haven’t heard more from this. If a Jurassic World sign we’re to come to JP to replace the JP arch wouldn’t they have done that by now or is it still too early? Also if they were to add a gyro sphere ride they might have to build another Jurassic themed land at epic universe? When do you think we will know more details if the land is staying put to the original franchise or not? 2020 or 2021?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.