Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing wise, I could see the first piece of track installed shortly just to make a nice photo for the inevitable January blog post about what the parks are doing.

Obviously Universal will give the least amount of information possible.

I’ve mentioned this before, but there might be 10 people the entire day who know that backstory. To the other 99.9%, it’s “Jurassic Park” (as in Isla Nublar).

And they certainly don’t know (or care) that Blue is there “on another island” or with different movies mixing.
Yep, if someone really wanted to make it work...I assume that Blue was transfered to IOA after the JW films' events. The GP could care less though haha

Rickflix or someone was saying that was a footer, but in Bio's aerials you could clearly see the opening in the front for the tunnel. Bring on more vertical construction! :popcorn:

We're obviously not going to get this; and it would be bad/redundant anyway because of Kong. But just had a thought.
Imagine there was no kong and instead, on this coaster having a 360 degree tunnel halfway in between. You could have a track switch with two tunnels to be able to have a ~30 second scene. You would need a fan and potentially a motion base to simulate movement and then have a small setup/conversation, Raptor scene with them running by you a la kong for a bit, then T-Rex or I-Rex comes and tries to bite (all screens) then launch back to physical coaster.

But I'm not crazy in thinking that would be extremely unique and fun, right?

We're obviously not going to get this; and it would be bad/redundant anyway because of Kong. But just had a thought.
Imagine there was no kong and instead, on this coaster having a 360 degree tunnel halfway in between. You could have a track switch with two tunnels to be able to have a ~30 second scene. You would need a fan and potentially a motion base to simulate movement and then have a Raptor scene with them running by you a la kong.

But I'm not crazy in thinking that would be extremely unique and fun, right?
No motion base, and not as big, but I have a feeling the final scene on this coaster will be some type of screen tunnel to finish the story.

No motion base, and not as big, but I have a feeling the final scene on this coaster will be some type of screen tunnel to finish the story.

Cool- and I get that. Really no different than the end of FJ or whatever. Just a nice close to the story. I was talking about how fun it would be to have something like that mid-ride before a launch. Combine their love of 360 tunnel with a launch coaster. Obviously it won't be for this ride, but even that possibility on a ride in the future. Dozens of IPs to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.