Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pile foundations - Designing Buildings Wiki

I think they're piles. Supports would have some kind of bracket to connect to the track and I'm unsure if there are footers been placed over that side yet (I could be wrong).
Yep, more screw piles for the footers.. Once in it won't take long to install the track. Not vertical yet but sooonnnn.....

This may be silly Beer speculation, but... what if Jurassic World 3 ends in a way where it’s now called Jurassic Park again? Blending the dinosaurs with humans and changing the name? Idk that may sound really stupid, but since this is an Universal owned IP, they may have the synergy knowing Jurassic World and Park are ultimately somewhat the same place. Thus the inclusion of Chris Pratt and Blue isn’t so random. Could help with their little upgrade to the land here.

OR, it just doesn’t matter. More likely answer here but I figured I’d throw that out there

This may be silly Beer speculation, but... what if Jurassic World 3 ends in a way where it’s now called Jurassic Park again? Blending the dinosaurs with humans and changing the name? Idk that may sound really stupid, but since this is an Universal owned IP, they may have the synergy knowing Jurassic World and Park are ultimately somewhat the same place. Thus the inclusion of Chris Pratt and Blue isn’t so random. Could help with their little upgrade to the land here.

OR, it just doesn’t matter. More likely answer here but I figured I’d throw that out there

I’m sure Universal knows the trajectory of the finale and wouldn’t invest in a change if that was the planned endgame.

Not only would they know but any scenes involving the characters for the ride will probably be filmed during production of JW3.

Or, or, orrrr..they already filmed it, when they filmed for Jurassic World: The Ride at USH, and for what the Beijing attractions will have (which would be around the time of Fallen Kingdom's production).

One and done.

We need something to do for another year here lol. But I get it.

For realz, the way things are going construction wise, am I too naive in thinking we see our first piece of track installed this month? The construction permit ends April 2020 so building the coaster by the end of this summer then theming it thru the following Spring doesn't sound too crazy to me. Especially since this is a tall coaster id imagine the installation takes a tad longer, but just guesstimating here. Hoping to see some track when I'm there this spring!

We need something to do for another year here lol. But I get it.

For realz, the way things are going construction wise, am I too naive in thinking we see our first piece of track installed this month? The construction permit ends April 2020 so building the coaster by the end of this summer then theming it thru the following Spring doesn't sound too crazy to me. Especially since this is a tall coaster id imagine the installation takes a tad longer, but just guesstimating here. Hoping to see some track when I'm there this spring!
I thought construction permits end by Spring 2021?

I thought construction permits end by Spring 2021?
Yep, meant to say April 2021, not 2020! lol. Id still think construction on the track would start by the end of this month or early next month, lots of reconfiguring to do in the area, theming on the coaster, id think its not too early but other people here understand this construction more than I do.

Forgot to post this yesterday.

The area near the JP arch had some trees removed and they are working on something here.

View attachment 11413
Please be the long rumored rockwork divider with new Potter lockers. A more clear division between the two lands here, besides just trees, could go a long way. And FJ is still the only ride that hasn’t upgraded lockers yet.

Please be the long rumored rockwork divider with new Potter lockers. A more clear division between the two lands here, besides just trees, could go a long way. And FJ is still the only ride that hasn’t upgraded lockers yet.
Didnt they have that camera pole thing there?

A better divider is long overdue. You can hear the JP music from the Forbidden Journey line clear-as-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.