Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 667 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we know if Jurassic park land at IOA will get the official transformation into Jurassic World probably after the new Jurassic park coaster opens or we will hear the future of the JP land this year if not then we will wait until 2021 or 2022 I suppose. Also what will happen with the river adventure will it stay the same themed as Jurassic Park or will we see the conversion into Jurassic World like we saw at Hollywood this past summer?

When will we know if Jurassic park land at IOA will get the official transformation into Jurassic World probably after the new Jurassic park coaster opens or we will hear the future of the JP land this year if not then we will wait until 2021 or 2022 I suppose. Also what will happen with the river adventure will it stay the same themed as Jurassic Park or will we see the conversion into Jurassic World like we saw at Hollywood this past summer?

cmon now...

Oh ok so it’s very likely they’ll be sticking with the original no Jurassic World land coming? I mean their is one coming to Universal Studios Beijing. Is their a reason why you think the original land will stay the same? Just to keep the attractions updated with the newer movies out right now and Jurassic World 3 coming in 2021 I find it hard to believe that the coaster will be the only new addition to IOA if epic universe doesn’t get any Jurassic world stuff.

The answer was already given to you when you were posting under your other name. I don’t want to discourage posting, but at the same time - I have to approach your contributions cautiously as it’s coming across very spammy/trolling.

cmon now...

The answer was already given to you when you were posting under your other name. I don’t want to discourage posting, but at the same time - I have to approach your contributions cautiously as it’s coming across very spammy/trolling.
Sorry I don’t remember my other answer but Universal all I’m saying is taking a long time trying to give us details as to whether Jurassic Park will stay the same or not or will it just go to Epic Universe as an expansion pad. I’m not trying to be annoying sometimes I forget my answers when I post I apologize.

Jurassic PARK is likely here to stay.

Beijing is getting a great land themed as Jurassic WORLD from scratch. We are not getting that.

We are getting a new roller coaster, but I don't expect to see the word "World" anywhere in Islands of Adventure (even though Blue does exist in the land).

I personally don't think it is necessary to transform the entire land to Jurassic World. However, I do believe it is vital to completely rehab River Adventure and add some proper signage to distinguish the area from Skull Island. Hopefully, this coaster inclusion will bring a few additions along the way.

Jurassic PARK is likely here to stay.

Beijing is getting a great land themed as Jurassic WORLD from scratch. We are not getting that.

We are getting a new roller coaster, but I don't expect to see the word "World" anywhere in Islands of Adventure (even though Blue does exist in the land).
I find that really surprising unless JPRA isn't getting the JW upgrade that Hollywood did.

I personally think the land will end up being a hodgepodge of World + Park styles, but under the World name. The Discovery Center (which I really hope they update the interior) will probably keep the Jurassic Park style.

I find that really surprising unless JPRA isn't getting the JW upgrade that Hollywood did.

I personally think the land will end up being a hodgepodge of World + Park styles, but under the World name. The Discovery Center (which I really hope they update the interior) will probably keep the Jurassic Park style.
JPRA isn't getting the JW overlay that Hollywood did.

JPRA is one of my favorite rides in the entire park so I hope they eventually do give it some TLC. This coaster is an awesome addition though and should give visitors more to do in the land.

Last edited:
So this is very much confirmed official that the Jurassic park land will stay the same and they won‘t build a new Jurassic world land at Epic Universe then their will be 2 Jurassic Park Lands at both parks.

So this is very much confirmed official that the Jurassic park land will stay the same and they won‘t build a new Jurassic world land at Epic Universe then their will be 2 Jurassic Park Lands at both parks.

There won't be a Jurassic land in Epic Universe and, RIGHT NOW, there's nothing suggesting they'll change Jurassic Park at IOA to Jurassic World. I'm 100% on Epic Universe and "things can change" for IOA.

There won't be a Jurassic land in Epic Universe and, RIGHT NOW, there's nothing suggesting they'll change Jurassic Park at IOA to Jurassic World. I'm 100% on Epic Universe and "things can change" for IOA.
So the JP conversion into Jurassic World is the most likely scenario over Epic Universe?

In my own opinion, I think leaving JPRA as it is is a refreshing move. It's certainly tempting to follow in the other park's footsteps as new is "shiny" and not necessarily a bad thing. However, I feel as though JPRA is a staple of IOA and USO as was Jaws and Back to the Future.
Yes, I like the Orlando version as is. It just needs a refresher upgrade a bit better than the annual refurbs. It doesn't have the sight line issues that Hollywood's version had, so there's no real need to change it. In it's present form,it's' 'old school' Universal. It's nice to have a couple of those types of attractions around. Just pure practical effects, dramatic entry and stirring music.

Yes, I like the Orlando version as is. It just needs a refresher upgrade a bit better than the annual refurbs. It doesn't have the sight line issues that Hollywood's version had, so there's no real need to change it. In it's present form,it's' 'old school' Universal. It's nice to have a couple of those types of attractions around. Just pure practical effects, dramatic entry and stirring music.

Absolutely. And as it stands, please correct me if I'm wrong, this is one of the last, if not the last remaining iteration of the ride. That, to me, is more of a draw than the newer rides. To add to this, we're getting a banger of a coaster and updated raptor encounter experiences. I think it balances itself out...especially when you view the sacrifice they had to make with DD.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It appears that they are keeping JP in IOA will remain JP, but inner mix elements from JW

Status
Not open for further replies.