Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a start, but I really wish they'd at least make these JP themed. They can still be plastic, but it just feels like a missed opportunity

I don't think you'll get them until this becomes a larger project that designers, march, and food & bev can charge their work to. Until then expect bare minimum. Hopefully this is a proof of concept.

We're still talking a small upcharge here. It's no different than them serving the drinks in the generic UO plastic glass, just now it's a got a tiki option.*

*Disclaimer - I get it, though. I want JP-themed glassware, too.
It's just when it's glass I would love to spend more. From an environmental standpoint I don't want to buy plastic stuff anymore. I hope Universal will go for quality (the same for the butterbeer mug, make it glass).

It's just when it's glass I would love to spend more. From an environmental standpoint I don't want to buy plastic stuff anymore. I hope Universal will go for quality (the same for the butterbeer mug, make it glass).
They won't do that because they don't want people walking around with glass in the park for safety reasons

Parks try to limit the amount of glass in the parks. That's why they don't sell beer in glass bottles. If it were at a table service restaurant, they could serve the drink in a glass tiki glass and then when you're done with the drink, they take away the dirty glass and give you a new glass that is bubble wrapped in a box.

I don't think they want folks wandering around with a glass glass in their hand. Or even in just a plastic bag where you could wack it against something and shatter it.

Hard to believe this keeps getting uglier, but it does. I guess that's the price to pay to construct a coaster fan attraction in the middle of a park.....Two years build time though, is just tooooo long to live with it's horrid sight line. I just stay away from that land now, it's too anti immersive for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.