Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 670 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve been saying that once the new raptor encounter area and the fencing around JPRA opens, it will be a lot better as you’ll only have one side with fencing. But it’s pretty clear to me with this pic that this area will be closed off until everything opens up.
It’s obvious from this angle that this is where they move the equipment in and out. So we aren’t going to have any relief until this entire project is finished.

TLDR; get used to things just how they are until it opens.

So I was in the park today, and the pictures did not do the current state of this land justice. I thought Epcot's construction work was unpleasant, but this is on a different level.

I can assume that Universal thought that working on the Forbidden Journey lockers while the rest of JP was a blasted-out hellscape was not adding insult to injury... but it’s adding insult to injury. I don’t know that I can remember a land being so completely compromised while still technically open. And I have to be transparent and honest -- I think it's pretty poor show.

I know most here are amped and psyched for the new coaster, and I’m genuinely never trying to detract from anybody’s sense of excitement about anything, but the current state of the land (and its uncertain aesthetic future) makes me kind of bummed.

So I was in the park today, and the pictures did not do the current state of this land justice. I thought Epcot's construction work was unpleasant, but this is on a different level.

I can assume that Universal thought that working on the Forbidden Journey lockers while the rest of JP was a blasted-out hellscape was not adding insult to injury... but it’s adding insult to injury. I don’t know that I can remember a land being so completely compromised while still technically open. And I have to be transparent and honest -- I think it's pretty poor show.

I know most here are amped and psyched for the new coaster, and I’m genuinely never trying to detract from anybody’s sense of excitement about anything, but the current state of the land (and its uncertain aesthetic future) makes me kind of bummed.
It's very jarring as JP actually looked decent before they began construction

I get that things don’t look great right now, but that’s what happens when you largely reshape a land. I don’t know what people expect them to do
Yes, exciting things are to come, I'm not sure anyone is upset with the construction

It's just very disorienting after so many years of knowing every twist and turn of IOA

Reactions: Andysol
And full disclosure, if I had any interest in what they're building, I might not have such a visceral reaction to what the land currently looks like.

Personal mileage varies, and that's perfectly fine! I was just sharing my impression of the land based on finally seeing its status in person.

Reactions: Andysol and Nico
I think it's okay to say that the land looks like absolute crap right now. No one is saying that they should not do this, or that this overall work will not be an upgrade. But, the fact is, it is tough to walk through right now.

That is not a problem, just an observation.

It's not like they can close the land when the park's layout is a loop. I'll take 18 months of ugliness for a new coaster.

I'm not hearing good things about the refurb on JPRA. Seems like quite a few dinos aren't operating and the rest look depressed.

I get that things don’t look great right now, but that’s what happens when you largely reshape a land. I don’t know what people expect them to do
I think people understand it and are pumped. I think the issue is not everybody gets to visit these parks year after year and/or don't live in the area. So when THIS is their trip to UOR, and this is their experience with Jurassic Park, its definitely disappointing. After hearing more of these reports and trackers video last week, boyfriend and I will happily avoid this area like the plague if we can. JPRA can wait another year when we never did the Toon lagoon rides this last weekend we were in town this past September. Im excited for the future but I mean anyone not saying this is ROUGH is just wrong Imo lol. Again, not sure what else to expect, but can't ignore it either.

Not to ge too off topic, especially since this is all sepculation and barely rumor, but if LOTR does take up LC or TL, I feel IOA is just going to constantly be a construction site for the foreseeable future. Its one of the biggest cons to Universal for me, on a list of very few cons. I love that they are always investing in their own projects and trying to improve their parks and most changes they make I find worth it no matter the loss of the attraction of the just sheer amount of construction going on. But, it does get tiresome after awhile. Ah well, better be a dope coaster haha.

The bit that really annoys me is that Universal are pretending nothing is happening. Imagine being a GP member and not knowing they were building a new coaster. You ask Universal why it looks awful and they say nothing.. Doesn't leave a very good lasting impression of the resort

Reactions: WillQ92
I think people understand it and are pumped. I think the issue is not everybody gets to visit these parks year after year and/or don't live in the area. So when THIS is their trip to UOR, and this is their experience with Jurassic Park, its definitely disappointing. After hearing more of these reports and trackers video last week, boyfriend and I will happily avoid this area like the plague if we can. JPRA can wait another year when we never did the Toon lagoon rides this last weekend we were in town this past September. Im excited for the future but I mean anyone not saying this is ROUGH is just wrong Imo lol. Again, not sure what else to expect, but can't ignore it either.

Not to ge too off topic, especially since this is all sepculation and barely rumor, but if LOTR does take up LC or TL, I feel IOA is just going to constantly be a construction site for the foreseeable future. Its one of the biggest cons to Universal for me, on a list of very few cons. I love that they are always investing in their own projects and trying to improve their parks and most changes they make I find worth it no matter the loss of the attraction of the just sheer amount of construction going on. But, it does get tiresome after awhile. Ah well, better be a dope coaster haha.
I guess I just don’t care about large swathes of construction when it means more rides. Hell if I had my way they’d be building LOTR right along with JP

The bit that really annoys me is that Universal are pretending nothing is happening. Imagine being a GP member and not knowing they were building a new coaster. You ask Universal why it looks awful and they say nothing.. Doesn't leave a very good lasting impression of the resort
Come on. The GP is dumb but they’re not that dumb. Huge construction zone=big new ride

Reactions: USO92 and tielo
I guess I just don’t care about large swathes of construction when it means more rides. Hell if I had my way they’d be building LOTR right along with JP

Come on. The GP is dumb but they’re not that dumb. Huge construction zone=big new ride
Nah, the GP is that dumb. I consider my mother and brother and sister to be the "GP", with all due respect lol. If I could put $ down on anything, it'd be that they'd be bitching about this the entire time. They'd go "Why didn't they just build the coaster in the first place??" Type mindset. Its dumb, but boy, you'd be surprised.

Nah, the GP is that dumb. I consider my mother and brother and sister to be the "GP", with all due respect lol. If I could put $ down on anything, it'd be that they'd be bitching about this the entire time. They'd go "Why didn't they just build the coaster in the first place??" Type mindset. Its dumb, but boy, you'd be surprised.

that’s different than someone seeing all the construction And thinking it isn’t for anything

When I was doing my college search a very long time ago one of the guide books i picked up had advice for going on admissions tours. In addition to living amenities, classroom conditions, and more they note to look for construction. Construction is a sign of a healthy school that is reinvesting. That’s instilled a mentality in me that construction is not bad and that even huge disruptive projects are for the good.

For me JP is no different than Hogsmeade, Epcot, new Fantasyland, or DHS construction. The only disruptive and bad show construction was the time Horizons was being demolished, where it stood ragged and half torn down in guest view.

Status
Not open for further replies.