Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 671 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was doing my college search a very long time ago one of the guide books i picked up had advice for going on admissions tours. In addition to living amenities, classroom conditions, and more they note to look for construction. Construction is a sign of a healthy school that is reinvesting. That’s instilled a mentality in me that construction is not bad and that even huge disruptive projects are for the good.

For me JP is no different than Hogsmeade, Epcot, new Fantasyland, or DHS construction. The only disruptive and bad show construction was the time Horizons was being demolished, where it stood ragged and half torn down in guest view.
I totally get this mindset. I think the main issue here is, while we don't know what the entire land will look like exactly, and I'm sure it'll be well themed for a thrill coaster, we are only getting a coaster out of this. Likely 90% of the people on this board and probably a tad lower % of people who go to Universal love coasters but its not like we're getting Hogsmeade, completely updated Epcot, or an entire new look to the ENTIRE land. Seems like we're just getting a coaster. Im sure the coaster will be incredible but lets not act like the additions you mentioned are the same scale of what we're getting here. Its a massive disruption but lets hope the coaster makes it more than worth it. The only thing that hasn't been worth it for me from Universal in my lifetime is fast and furious so again, I'm sure it'll be dope. Just absolutely sucks for the time being especially if you're a Jurassic Park fan like my boyfriend is. Ah well, cause for a future trip!

Universal is working day and night to create an amazing new coaster that I can't ride. But I'm sure I enjoy it's kinetic energy, theming and maybe even a dino or two. It's a given the land looks like a mess but I rather have that than a park that is getting stale and boring over the years.
In the end you can complain about anything, but it sure doesn't make you happy or changes the situation. The only thing that is taken away is your own enjoyment and the only thing you get is a new and exciting ride despite that.

I get that things don’t look great right now, but that’s what happens when you largely reshape a land. I don’t know what people expect them to do
One thing they could have done differently is have the majority of the north side of the wall (not the lagoon) done prior to starting demo on the lagoon side.
The other would be to do FJ lockers before they started construction at JP- maybe while Hagrid's was being built.

Personally, I'd rather them pull off the bandaid like they're doing; even if it's the worst construction zone/sppearance I've personally seen.
But if someone would have rather had it more prolonged but not as jarring/destructive, then I can understand their point of view as well.

For me JP is no different than Hogsmeade, Epcot, new Fantasyland, or DHS construction.
When is the last time you were at the parks?

NFL was pretty jarring as well as it was in the center of the park. DHS really wasn't at all since it was on the outskirts. I haven't been to Epcot since they closed the main walkway, but was there with france and Guardians- again, no big deal whatsoever.

So there are certainly different levels and a redo of a land in the middle of the park is significantly different than one to the outskirt (JP vs Hagrid's, for example). So I really don't understand your point of view of "JP is no different than..."

This appears to be accurate relatively

If this is accurate, that's really interesting. I don't know why I wasn't expecting inversions on this one as I for some reason thought they were going in a different direction with their attractions as of late.

So... we basically lost 2 coasters to be replaced with 2 new coasters. Sure. Alright.

Reactions: Disneyhead
When I was doing my college search a very long time ago one of the guide books i picked up had advice for going on admissions tours. In addition to living amenities, classroom conditions, and more they note to look for construction. Construction is a sign of a healthy school that is reinvesting. That’s instilled a mentality in me that construction is not bad and that even huge disruptive projects are for the good.

For me JP is no different than Hogsmeade, Epcot, new Fantasyland, or DHS construction. The only disruptive and bad show construction was the time Horizons was being demolished, where it stood ragged and half torn down in guest view.

As an Assistant Director for an Admissions office/Coordinator for guest visits, I can tell you this is 100% true. We don't have much construction happening now as we're in session, but this summer we'll be investing well over $1.25m into the property. It may not be pretty but it speaks that the company is healthy. Healthy companies = good investments.

Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if the Raptor training experience in the Beijing plans will be similar to what we are getting

I love the giant amber chunk as the front desk. With a little tweaking, Thunder Falls would make a great Hammond's. And if Hammond's doesn't have Chilean Sea Bass, someone should loss their job.
With all of those windows overlooking the water, it really needs to be the Discovery Center if the structure could get more windows on the backside.

Ive said it a million times- DC for TS and a nice Bar (a la Nomad Lounge at DAK), Pizza Pred for QS and Thunder Falls as a creepily themed Skull Island QS.

I'd rather see the top floor of the Discovery Center (or hell the WHOLE DC) become Hammond's, but Thunder Falls would be good too
Beat me to it.

Reactions: Grabnar
I was thinking that also but a coaster screaming by every minute doesn’t say fine dining.
Upstairs: Kitchen, reception/lobby and bar in the back. Add windows to the back and leave the stairs/opening in the middle to overlook the restaurant below.
Downstairs: Seating for dinner.

With INtamin now doing outward banking (see Pantheon) I wonder if this coaster will feature them as well?
I'd be surprised if it doesn't have one somewhere in the layout. This was my take on the big "double helix" section from a while back
screenshot-2020-02-01-13-08-58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.