Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 685 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this image (Thanks alicia!) but a little confused. the extended queue looks surprisingly thin, but i’m having trouble imagining it to scale. does anyone know another extended queue it could be compared to?View attachment 11897
I don't know why it is thin but if they needed more queue they could just wrap it around the DC and back out on the existing bridge. That is a lot of area.

Last edited:
Love this image (Thanks alicia!) but a little confused. the extended queue looks surprisingly thin, but i’m having trouble imagining it to scale. does anyone know another extended queue it could be compared to?View attachment 11897
They can also connect it to the viewing area below with built in stanchion holes in the concrete. Also, not everything in the image is precisely to scale.

• Love
Reactions: QuackQuackQuack
I’m really surprised that Discovery Center isn’t being used as part of the queue for the coaster. It’s basically empty, desperately needs updating, and very iconic.

I’m really surprised that Discovery Center isn’t being used as part of the queue for the coaster. It’s basically empty, desperately needs updating, and very iconic.
Maybe they will put something in there when stuff opens? I like the dinos and the feel of it as it is. Could be plussed to update it but overall I think they nailed the vibe of the first movie (well except for the QS and the gift shop...)

Reactions: tankart150

Definitely should be updated, but there might have been a theming problem with queuing in the visitor center before walking outside and entering a secure inGen facility (EDIT: if the rumors are accurate)

However, I imagine that they'll be some switchbacks in the Discovery Center for the early weeks of this ride, when it's presumably pulling 3+ hr waits

Definitely should be updated, but there might have been a theming problem with queuing in the visitor center before walking outside and entering a secure inGen facility (EDIT: if the rumors are accurate)

However, I imagine that they'll be some switchbacks in the Discovery Center for the early weeks of this ride, when it's presumably pulling 3+ hr waits
This coaster should behave better than Hagrid....in theory

So hopefully the queue wont be as nightmarish.

Mack was doing the controls last I heard

It's a combination of two things: what is VERY clearly Intamin track and reports that Mack staff were going to Universal to program a new coaster. Staff could be wrong or the track could not be Intamin, or neither. I'm leaning more towards Mack controls but that was never 100% spell out as much as inferred.

That’s a good point. It’s such wasted real estate. Probably the most wasted prime real estate in the entire resort.

It's a combination of two things: what is VERY clearly Intamin track and reports that Mack staff were going to Universal to program a new coaster. Staff could be wrong or the track could not be Intamin, or neither. I'm leaning more towards Mack controls but that was never 100% spell out as much as inferred.
At the very least this has less complex elements than Hagrid...No drop track or quick switch tracks

I can’t imagine they don’t have more walk around Dino’s or even those drones of (idk the Dino’s name) of whatever they flew around Los Angelas to promote the new JW ride. Imagine looking over the lagoon, seeing the (hopefully re-painted) Discovery center, new JP arches, the new coaster, River Adventure in the back, Dino’s flying around, and some even on the ground meeting guests!! I think it’d be insanely popular.

I think this has been the reason I’m waiting for concept art and more details on this coaster. I’ve never doubted the coaster would be fun but I think the area as a whole needs a bit of a revamp and it seems, seems, as if we might be getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.