Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 780 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to @Adz's point, the golden rule is that trims aren't a 'problem' if they are designed in from the start. Trims are only worth complaining about if they were added retrospectively as is sometimes the case, because they alter the speed the train moves through the rest of the course from what it was designed to be, to a slower speed.

If a trim is there from the beginning, the rest of the layout after it was designed to be taken at the speed which the designers knew the train would be moving when exiting the previous element, accounting for the inclusion of the trim.

This has been bothering me since the first photo of it emerged, going back into hiding now...

My guess is they want fake plants that close to the trains and/or they didn't' build irrigation into the rockwork *looks at the trees at the backward helix of Hagrid*
That poor area is like a swamp so everything died. I think they planted new trees that are used to living in wetlands environment now, but it'll be awhile before they grow up.

Pretty sure that's Superman's Fortress of Solitude.

20200810-152317.jpg

I'll always pour one out for old JP, but I really can't complain about what we're getting. Theming looks great, and it'll really be more than anyone should expect for a pure thrill ride. Even better if we get all the rumored AAs.

I wish hulk had gotten some theming embellishment for the back half when it got redone. IoA was already more themed than USF, but I felt like that was the only glaring omission.

Last edited:
I'll always pour one out for old JP, but I really can't complain about what we're getting. Theming looks great, and it'll really be more than anyone should expect for a pure thrill ride. Even better if we get all the rumored AAs.

I wish hulk had gotten some theming embellishment for the back half when it got redone. IoA was already more themed than USF, but I felt like that was the only glaring omission.
There's nothing like IOA in 2002 for me...Going in September, riding everything a ton of time, coming back for HHN

Some say that MK is the most magical park..it's not...1999-2005 IOA is where the magic was

Status
Not open for further replies.