Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, if they rebrand the park to JW, will they keep the River Adventure as JP and pretend it is a throwback tour within JW?

On another note, this is a Raptor from JW:

9q35r9v.jpg
I'm pretty sure if they entire land will be rethemed to world then so will River adventure. It'll probably be the same ride but possibly a change in theming to the final area (drop tower building). Also hell yeah that raptor, I'm so happy that Star Wars and this are using practical effects again. Hopefully they make a comeback because of them

Also hell yeah that raptor, I'm so happy that Star Wars and this are using practical effects again. Hopefully they make a comeback because of them

AMEN!!! Episode 7 has me so eager to see it that it's not funny. I'm trying to not let my hopes get too high...Episode 1 was a HORRIFIC let-down. Episodes 2 & 3, while better than 1, were still FAR from what the original trilogy offered. As opposed as I was to J.J. Abrams directing Ep.7, he may actually end up being the perfect director to get the new trilogy started on the right track. Everything he's done is nearly dream-come-true for me so far...I just hope the script is awesome or it's all gonna be for nothing.

Great link on the new Raptor. Looks pretty cool...just hope the script is solid on this one as well!

Last edited:
AMEN!!! Episode 7 has me so eager to see it that it's not funny. I'm trying to not let my hopes get too high...Episode 1 was a HORRIFIC let-down. Episodes 2 & 3, while better than 1, were still FAR from what the original trilogy offered. As opposed as I was to J.J. Abrams directing Ep.7, he may actually end up being the perfect director to get the new trilogy started on the right track. Everything he's done is nearly dream-come-true for me so far...I just hope the script is awesome or it's all gonna be for nothing.

Great link on the new Raptor. Looks pretty cool...just hope the script is solid on this one as well!
I have my hopes up that JJ is directing, I'm a giant fan of his and by the looks of it he's making this new one in the same vein as what makes the first one so special. From everybody who's read the script for this movie they all say it's solid. If the guy is making a giant AA t-Rex and other dinos then I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. Might be my most anticipated (Star Wars exluded) for 2015.

But going back to the raptor picture it looks like he has a muzzle to prevent biting. Clever

^Highly Doubtful. JP is far from being on the chopping block. I can almost promise you every other land will go before JP, Marvel and Potter (In no specific order.)

Need I remind you that Screamscape, while a worthy blogger, has not always been spot on with his information. Even if he uncovered a trademark for this land it does not warrant a belief that Jurassic Park is getting anything. Don't latch on to everything you hear else you may be completely disappointed in the long run.

Just sayin,

Need I remind you that Screamscape, while a worthy blogger, has not always been spot on with his information. Even if he uncovered a trademark for this land it does not warrant a belief that Jurassic Park is getting anything. Don't latch on to everything you hear else you may be completely disappointed in the long run.

Just sayin,
I say it's still a big possibility though because JW is a literal theme park and if it does well in the box office (probably will do amazing because of it's release day) then I'd expect it. I wouldn't put it past the writers of the movie to specifically write rides in for the parks

I say it's still a big possibility though because JW is a literal theme park and if it does well in the box office (probably will do amazing because of it's release day) then I'd expect it. I wouldn't put it past the writers of the movie to specifically write rides in for the parks

Jurassic Park is a literal theme park as well. I doubt they over-do the whole island for the new movies. I think the trademark was more for selling merchandise based on the Jurassic World movies.

Jurassic Park is a literal theme park as well. I doubt they over-do the whole island for the new movies. I think the trademark was more for selling merchandise based on the Jurassic World movies.

Well Jurassic park is a theme park in the books, besides the jeeps there is pretty much nothing in the movie besides slight mentions of it. This will show the theme park, show rides, hotels, food options ect. I say if this movie does well and the planned sequels come to be. I don't see the reason for the original park to stay other than "it's classic". They probably wouldn't take any of the remaining island down but they'd probably retheme everything in it (river adventure, discovery center, camp Jurassic) along with adding rides from the movie in the trike plot and other plots. I think it'll honestly be better than the planned woodie and carousel

What if that polt of land being "used for kong" is acually being built has an expansion to jurassic park. I rather see this.

I was hopeful for that, but I have been independently told that the JP expansion is on hold indefinitely, primarily from Kong and I believe Kidzone(?).

I believe that its better like that. JP is great as is, JPRA is probably my favorite ride in all of USO. The land draws people, let the people who have made great decisions this far keep making the decisions they feel is right. We will get something new in time

If JW does good, yeah, something will happen. Weird though, because if Kong can pull people in without a new film, so can JP.

I'm just so bummed the creative doesn't really care for JP.

If JW does good, yeah, something will happen. Weird though, because if Kong can pull people in without a new film, so can JP.

I'm just so bummed the creative doesn't really care for JP.

Who says they don't care for it? If we look at most of the Kong tech, it is similar to what they are already working with, so it is a tech they know by heart. My guess is they picked the option that they could build fastest and are waiting for on JP for now. For all we know, they could have grander schemes in mind, but they would just take longer to build.

Just sayin, JPRA feels really outdated when compared to the rest of the park. The AA's are fairly simple, but effective- the big issue is they really don't look like their movie counterparts. JP just needs some love all around, and the Trike plot is begging for some sort of expansion.

Hell, I would be happy if they brought the Raptor cart thing from Singapore in. Simple things like that could go a long way.

It still leaves me flabbergasted that Universal considers JP their biggest franchise, and have put out press releases on their plans to reboot it back into the mainstream, yet it's on the backburner for the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.