Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin, JPRA feels really outdated when compared to the rest of the park. The AA's are fairly simple, but effective- the big issue is they really don't look like their movie counterparts. JP just needs some love all around, and the Trike plot is begging for some sort of expansion.

Hell, I would be happy if they brought the Raptor cart thing from Singapore in. Simple things like that could go a long way.

It still leaves me flabbergasted that Universal considers JP their biggest franchise, and have put out press releases on their plans to reboot it back into the mainstream, yet it's on the backburner for the parks.

Because parks and movies are different beasts. Maybe they don't have a concept they like for Jurassic Park? Maybe they have other concepts they like better that they want to get done. When they have something for Jurassic Park, they'll build something for Jurassic Park

Because parks and movies are different beasts. Maybe they don't have a concept they like for Jurassic Park? Maybe they have other concepts they like better that they want to get done. When they have something for Jurassic Park, they'll build something for Jurassic Park

Fair enough, but I think suffice to say that if Universal really wanted to give Jurassic the attention they claim they are after that they could cook something up with IOA creative. Ultimately, it just feels like there is a strange disconnect between the two entities, and as such, JP expansions keep getting the shaft.

Who knows, maybe a plan is in place. But those I have talked to say the opposite. I know a plan was in place. And hell, the park may still get rebranded to Jurassic World with no real expansion. That would be weird.

Well JW is universals chance to add more rides and streetmosphere to a dead island. I know for a fact if JW is a hit, kids going to IOA will be confused at why it's still JP. I [don't see it as universal not caring but instead seeing a better option. Go to the discovery center now and it's terribly dated, even if you updated it, it would still be dated because the new JW is gonna have a way better discovery center. Could you imagine this looking out on the waterfront? I sure can and I welcome it
jurassicworld-movie-concept-art-2.jpg

Well JW is universals chance to add more rides and streetmosphere to a dead island. I know for a fact if JW is a hit, kids going to IOA will be confused at why it's still JP. I [don't see it as universal not caring but instead seeing a better option. Go to the discovery center now and it's terribly dated, even if you updated it, it would still be dated because the new JW is gonna have a way better discovery center. Could you imagine this looking out on the waterfront? I sure can and I welcome it

I think that Discovery Center would look too modern-y for IOA personally...even Marvel which is supposed to look high tech has a Pop Art/Comicy spin to the buildings..

The key word is not if JW is popular...JP needs upgrades regardless..

Maybe what they want is to rebuild the brand once again so it can have a big impact (not as bigger, but bigger than what they would get now) for when they do decide to expand JP

I think a Jurassic Park expansion is in the plans regardless. The land, the IP, people's interest in dinosaurs, etc. all lends itself to many more attractions.

I think that Discovery Center would look too modern-y for IOA personally...even Marvel which is supposed to look high tech has a Pop Art/Comicy spin to the buildings..

The key word is not if JW is popular...JP needs upgrades regardless..

Well then again why upgrade park when a brand new expansive movie is coming out June 2015. This could seriously be the next wizarding world if they get all the details right. I also think the DC design would look great in the middle of the water front

I think Jurassic World is a great upgrade AFTER the movie comes out...lets not rush into this thinking it goes to destroy box office records and everyone will want to zombie run to IOA to experience it. If the movie pulls a lone ranger than just keep it Jurassic Park and update the vehicles to the ones actually used in the film. If it turns out to be a huge film and loved and liked, then exploit it for all its money worth. But don't get rid of Camp Jurassic. Thats my hang out.

And stop trying to make DC land happen. Its not happening anytime soon just like Stars Wars Land at Disney.

Jurassic Park should not get rebranded into Jurassic World and Jurassic World will never achieve the success of the original Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is iconic, no matter what age you are, and Jurassic World wont undermine that. When Jurassic Park came out, it was a humongous achievement in visual effects, and did something no film had done before, which was the main contributor to its success. Jurassic World is just another summer blockbuster...it could be good, it could make a lot of money, but it will never achieve the status among pop culture that Jurassic Park has. And for that reason, I dont see Universal doing much more than adding a few cosmetic touch-ups or small additions using Jurassic World only as a synergy push.

Jurassic Park should not get rebranded into Jurassic World and Jurassic World will never achieve the success of the original Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is iconic, no matter what age you are, and Jurassic World wont undermine that. When Jurassic Park came out, it was a humongous achievement in visual effects, and did something no film had done before, which was the main contributor to its success. Jurassic World is just another summer blockbuster...it could be good, it could make a lot of money, but it will never achieve the status among pop culture that Jurassic Park has. And for that reason, I dont see Universal doing much more than adding a few cosmetic touch-ups or small additions using Jurassic World only as a synergy push.

As much as I'm inclined to agree with you, I just have to ask how you're so certain it won't be the smash hit that Jurassic Park was? It could be the next chapter and create the iconic feel again. I agree Jurassic Park is iconic, and very few things could replace it, but I continually hear tht these things won't happen again on these boards, that "this brand" won't ever be as iconic as others. How do we know these things until we are able to judge them? Would we have said this about the original Jurassic Park, had we been having a similar discussion before it was released?
(And I agree with you, I personally can't see Jurassic World ever being as iconic or classic as the original, but I thought is play devil's advocate and ask why)

Last edited:
I agree it'll never raise over that kind of success but it's more of the content in world that makes it better fit a theme park environment. Hell they are filming at the abandoned six flags New Orleans as we speak. Also world has something the original JP doesn't have and that's the already planned sequels for it. If a retheme opens in let's say 2016 then it'll probably grow with the upcoming sequels. I say it could be a business gold mine

As much as I'm inclined to agree with you, I just have to ask how you're so certain it won't be the smash hit that Jurassic Park was? It could be the next chapter and create the iconic feel again. I agree Jurassic Park is iconic, and very few things could replace it, but I continually hear tht these things won't happen again on these boards, that "this brand" won't ever be as iconic as others. How do we know these things until we are able to judge them? Would we have said this about the original Jurassic Park, had we been having a similar discussion before it was released?

It could make more money than Jurassic Park and be the better movie critically (although I doubt that), it will in no way be as innovative. Avatar was the last movie to have the same sort of impact (in that it was a technical marvel and truly innovated the way we saw films), and even then in this day and age it wasnt quite as impressive as Jurassic Park was in the '90's.

Im not saying it will be a bad movie. But Jurassic Park was a landmark achivement in filmmaking. Jurassic World could be a great movie but it just wont have the same iconic status. Jurassic Park will always be more significant, as great as World may be.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it'll never raise over that kind of success but it's more of the content in world that makes it better fit a theme park environment. Hell they are filming at the abandoned six flags New Orleans as we speak. Also world has something the original JP doesn't have and that's the already planned sequels for it. If a retheme opens in let's say 2016 then it'll probably grow with the upcoming sequels. I say it could be a business gold mine

Have you seen Six Flags New Orleans? We dont want an area like that at IOA :lol:

Jurassic Park should not get re-branded into Jurassic World and Jurassic World will never achieve the success of the original Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park is iconic, no matter what age you are, and Jurassic World wont undermine that. When Jurassic Park came out, it was a humongous achievement in visual effects, and did something no film had done before, which was the main contributor to its success. Jurassic World is just another summer blockbuster...it could be good, it could make a lot of money, but it will never achieve the status among pop culture that Jurassic Park has. And for that reason, I don't see Universal doing much more than adding a few cosmetic touch-ups or small additions using Jurassic World only as a synergy push.

JPs success was evident when it was re-released in 3-D a decade later and made a ton of money...Jurassic World has to do a lot to top JP which is a classic...Universal needs to keep the iconic classic and perhaps add slight references to the new one...I think Jurassic World will be similar to JP3..not terrible, but forgettable...It will spark interest in the original though, which is always a good thing.

See, I agree with you much more now Tyler. It just seemed like you wrote it off as not good enough, and never ever would be. The novelty and innovation in a movie does have a huge impact, but so, I think, does nostalgia. If they do JW right, it will bring people back to the time when they saw Jurassic Park and said "WOW".
Whether it will make a good park overlay is yet to be seen. But I do thin it will be the perfec excuse for a JP update...

They apparently changed ALOT to that abandoned 6 flags to make it look cool. I really don't think it has to do with the innovation for world but more on the environment. They are doing what made the original so mind blowing for this one. AA dinosaurs, giant sets and CGI. It won't be as mind blowing as it was back then but then again how could it? Im accepting it as a updated version of JP. Basically what JP 2 should've been. I'm pumped for it and everything I'm seeing for it setting wise is pretty amazing. Just wait and see

The first JP was the first E Ticket thrill ride movie I had ever seen. It had a sustained tension and actual frights. There was very little camp. And they threw in copious amounts of WOW! JP was a more serious movie than either of it's sequels. If they go back to the original formula and then give it steroids, it should be good.

Im not saying it will be a bad movie. But Jurassic Park was a landmark achivement in filmmaking. Jurassic World could be a great movie but it just wont have the same iconic status. Jurassic Park will always be more significant, as great as World may be.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's awesome that the director of JW is fully aware of this and it's the main thruline of the plot. "We've seen dinosaurs. Now what?" is basically what the movie is about, both from the characters' perspective as well as the audience's.

Status
Not open for further replies.