Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered if Disney + Universal would want to get into a talent war like this.

Disney owns ILM. What would happen if Disney stopped letting ILM do projects outside of Disney?
Universal could buy Creature. What would happen if Creature could only do projects for Universal?

Well, everyone wanted more animatronic based rides at Universal :lol:

I've always wondered if Disney + Universal would want to get into a talent war like this.

Disney owns ILM. What would happen if Disney stopped letting ILM do projects outside of Disney?
Universal could buy Creature. What would happen if Creature could only do projects for Universal?
ILM makes most of their money doing outside projects so... not likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if new dinos are added to the ride. It would be great to time with the new sequel release. They acted too late last time so I can see them getting ahead of it this time.

Even this seems like too little too late but hopefully it's part of an overall major refurb. This needs to be ready to go for next year though.

The Jurassic park AA's last week barley moved. The brachiosaurus' head was tilted and moving up and down 3-4 inches, while the finale T-Rex was twitching. And as usual the raptors were just moving their heads. This ride needs a massive a upgrade. Hollywoods is much more over the top.

I think the problem is that the fact that there are some animatronics 24/7 for decades causes them to break down over time and made it harder to repair. Plus, the fluids of the dinosaur and with the water attached tends to break down a lot and it cost millions just to repair and replace, then breaks down, it's another million to replace, etc, and so on. While the JP ride is impressive and very immersive probably anything Disney has anything done, the the current state of the ride is very depressing. I don't think Universal has the time nor the finance to rebuild the ride as it used to unlike Disney, which has the huge amount of time and budget.

I don't think Universal has the time nor the finance to rebuild the ride as it used to unlike Disney, which has the huge amount of time and budget.
They certainly have had the time. Since Kong opened last May, IoA has been fully operational with the most capacity it's had in its history and nothing has been down for refurb. This past winter would have been the time to do it. If they do it this winter, there is a good possibility D.C. Will be down too.

Nothing else really needs heavily addressed refurb-wise at IoA (except that atrocity known as Dudleys)- USF has a more pressing need with two rides (MiB and Mummy). While I want both of those to happen as I love them- they aren't nearly as relevant as JP. Simpsons could use some love while they're at it- but I don't see a good timeline for that- it might just have to happen.

They certainly have had the time. Since Kong opened last May, IoA has been fully operational with the most capacity it's had in its history and nothing has been down for refurb. This past winter would have been the time to do it. If they do it this winter, there is a good possibility D.C. Will be down too.

Nothing else really needs heavily addressed refurb-wise at IoA (except that atrocity known as Dudleys)- USF has a more pressing need with two rides (MiB and Mummy). While I want both of those to happen as I love them- they aren't nearly as relevant as JP. Simpsons could use some love while they're at it- but I don't see a good timeline for that- it might just have to happen.

True, but I don't think its worth spending millions on animatronics only to break again. Look at Hollywood, the car is barely falling down and the dinosaurs you see when you go on top of the Water Plant barely has any fluid and well-fixed movement for the actual dinosaurs. Nowadays, it seems Universal is more devoted to making screen 3D rides just to add them as fillers.

True, but I don't think its worth spending millions on animatronics only to break again. Look at Hollywood, the car is barely falling down and the dinosaurs you see when you go on top of the Water Plant barely has any fluid and well-fixed movement for the actual dinosaurs. Nowadays, it seems Universal is more devoted to making screen 3D rides just to add them as fillers.
The difference here is that Creature Technology will be providing the AAs which they pride themselves in making reliable.

So why haven't Universal got into fixing the Jurassic Park ride then?

It's more on that the animatronics that were added for if I'm not mistaken both parks, is that the original company who created the animatronics; is bankrupt and no longer operational.

Plus, it's more of a timing situation for the conversion and updates, along with that Kong was Universal Creative's first endeavor with Creatures Technology.

Creatures has proven themselves highly reliable with controlled experiences like the How to Train your Dragon Road Show, the Jurassic World exhibit that has toured around, BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs, and the Australian production of King Kong for stage that they haven't entirely done exterior experiences as of yet.

I heard of the revamp of both attractions a while back, and that with the Screamscape article and a mentioning by someone else; I am having my bets that you should see both of the JPRA attractions go down by the end of the year for an extended period of time to make the additions and changes necessary.

It is just a rumor at this point, but Screamscape has heard that Creature Technology may have been hired by Universal Orlando to make some more large scale animatronic creatures for them. Creature Technology was the group Universal hired to build the new giant Kong figure seen in the Skull Island attraction and if the rumors are true, the group could be working on building some new dinosaur figures for Islands of Adventure. I don't know if these are for something new, or if perhaps the time has come to upgrade the old figures in the River Adventure ride. With a new Jurassic World film coming out next year, the timing would be right to perhaps introduce some new dinosaur encounters into the ride.

Sounds like they're just guessing what Creature Technology was hired for... It could be just as likely they were hired to create Donkey Kong AAs for the Nintendo ride. Or even fantastic beasts for a new HP dark ride coaster. So no telling really.

Before everything was locked into place, the idea was to rejig the whole ride, with new story elements and dinos from Jurassic World + replacing the old ones.

I know the deal with CTC went through, but I have no idea if it still includes replacing old AA's with modern, accurate ones, or simply adding entire newcomers. CTC has their hands full though, with JWTE, this, and more for Jurassic...

OMG.... is there a better property for it? Honestly.... wow

I've been thinking today that adding Jurassic World to the new park will make little sense and be confusing as hell.

This idea has a crazy amount of potential and it could add a nice dynamic when looking across the lake.

I've been thinking today that adding Jurassic World to the new park will make little sense and be confusing as hell.

This idea has a crazy amount of potential and it could add a nice dynamic when looking across the lake.
yeah its a little strange because JW takes place pretty much right on top of the park from JP, just in the future. So having a JP land and a JW land could have a harry potter type problem where guests just have to not care what "time" they are placed in when they enter the land.
(personally I think suspension of disbelief is part of the fun and I don't care if continuity is fractured a little if the attractions are great.)

Status
Not open for further replies.