Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking this bit with a grain of salt, but still I really hope it is just a rumor. Despite the sometimes cheesy looking animatronics on the outside portion, the indoor bit is always a hoot. I love the audio. The ride is always packed. I see no reason to exterminate a stellar attraction. That dinosaur when you go down the drop still holds up to this day, and so does that raptor in the control booth. Unlike Dragon Challenge that takes up a lot of land, unlike Disaster which suffered extreme mechanical reliability issues, unlike Jaw's which costed $$$ with all the fire effects, and unlike Twister which costed $$ and was underwhelming, Jurassic Park holds itself to this day. It doesn't use fire, just animatronics which do occasionally break down. I really hope it's not on it's last leg. Such a stellar attraction, especially at night.

Is fire expensive? Fire is one of my favorite effects on rides. I would hate to see fire taken away from something because it cost a lot of money.

I'm taking this bit with a grain of salt, but still I really hope it is just a rumor. Despite the sometimes cheesy looking animatronics on the outside portion, the indoor bit is always a hoot. I love the audio. The ride is always packed. I see no reason to exterminate a stellar attraction. That dinosaur when you go down the drop still holds up to this day, and so does that raptor in the control booth. Unlike Dragon Challenge that takes up a lot of land, unlike Disaster which suffered extreme mechanical reliability issues, unlike Jaw's which costed $$$ with all the fire effects, and unlike Twister which costed $$ and was underwhelming, Jurassic Park holds itself to this day. It doesn't use fire, just animatronics which do occasionally break down. I really hope it's not on it's last leg. Such a stellar attraction, especially at night.

Hold on, are they planning on removing the entire ride? I thought it was simply just refurbising and updating it.

Reactions: tankart150
An Amber Mine ride would be redundant now, considering we have Gringotts and a certain monkey going about it in the future in USF. It should be dead, surprised if it isn't.

They could still update it though. I would rather see the gyroscopes in the rumored 3rd park, though. There's not much space in IOA, and it would be nice to have a fully themed Jurassic World land somewhere

They could still update it though. I would rather see the gyroscopes in the rumored 3rd park, though. There's not much space in IOA, and it would be nice to have a fully themed Jurassic World land somewhere

I would imagine Beijing will be the first place at any Universal park to have Jurassic World full-on. But that as it stands right now, they have bigger fish to fry (USF Project, DC Replacement, SNW)

Reactions: Quint and Magic-Man

I don't think we will see anything in JP until after the third park opens. And, depending on what happens there, JP could be removed completely IMO.

Reactions: Quint
OK. Let's summarize:......
If Dave's (Disneyhead) " guesses" (;):) and they generally are right on, unless plans change) on the various threads are correct, this looks like what has a good chance of happening.
* Hollywood and Orlando SLOP. AA's & associated work by Creature Tech and Oceaneering, work in progress
* DC/Harry Potter . Creature Tech, Dynamic Attractions (Edited with Disneyhead's change from his previous statement))
* Nintendo (Japan, Orlando, Hollywood) . Creature Tech and Oceaneering work in progress
* Jurassic Park, Orlando (and maybe 4th park). Waiting on movie results.
...Interesting that Universal could possibly be working on an army of AA's while Disney is concentrating on screen based attractions...The world has turned upside down, if these "guesses" (;):))prove correct.

Last edited:
I don't think we will see anything in JP until after the third park opens. And, depending on what happens there, JP could be removed completely IMO.

I think depending on what they do, they could do a Singapore and retheme IOA as The Lost World, with Jurassic Park still there while the fourth gate has Jurassic World.

Reactions: Quint
OK. Let's summarize:......
If Dave's (Disneyhead) " guesses" pn the various threads (;):) and they generally are right on, unless plans change) are correct, this looks like what has a good chance of happening.
* Hollywood and Orlando SLOP. AA's & associated work by Creature Tech and Oceaneering, work in progress
* DC/Harry Potter . Creature Tech & Oceaneering, work in progress
* Nintendo (Japan, Orlando, Hollywood) . Creature Tech and Oceaneering work in progress
* Jurassic Park, Orlando. Waiting on movie results.
...Interesting that Universal could possibly be working on an army of AA's while Disney is concentrating on screen based attractions...The world has turned upside down, if these "guesses" (;):))prove correct.

I can believe Creature for Potter; but I don't think Oceaneering will have involvement, unless if they helped out on an upcoming dark coaster that needs to be looked at.

I can believe Creature for Potter; but I don't think Oceaneering will have involvement, unless if they helped out on an upcoming dark coaster that needs to be looked at.
No doubt there will be additional construction vendors. Just that it's looking like those two are involved.

No doubt there will be additional construction vendors. Just that it's looking like those two are involved.

Ah, very well. Was confused; as Oceaneering has mainly done dark rides and not dark coasters. :cheers: :whistle:

That said, Oceaneering, Creature, and probably a few more vendors are going to be quite happy that they are busy. It'll be interesting, as I have to wonder if Nassal will return for a project like Potter or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.