Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, very well. Was confused; as Oceaneering has mainly done dark rides and not dark coasters. :cheers: :whistle:

That said, Oceaneering, Creature, and probably a few more vendors are going to be quite happy that they are busy. It'll be interesting, as I have to wonder if Nassal will return for a project like Potter or Nintendo.

I can't fathom that they wouldn't use Nassal for Potter as they did all or most of the rest of the Potter Orlando work. Nintendo I would think would be likely as well unless they are too busy or there is just another contractor they feel would be better suited for the project.

I can't fathom that they wouldn't use Nassal for Potter as they did all or most of the rest of the Potter Orlando work. Nintendo I would think would be likely as well unless they are too busy or there is just another contractor they feel would be better suited for the project.
Perhaps the bulk of the Nintendo attraction work is being done in a location that is not Orlando, Hollywood or Japan. ;).... and Nassal just brought in for the final work in Orlando, if they're still in good graces after the Volcano Bay issues.

That said, if Jurassic Park at IOA was rethemed to be more like Singapore's "The Lost World", would people be mad of it?
I might be, depending on what their plan is. Jurassic Park holds a special place in my heart because of how much I love the movie. If they made it more generic by ripping out the Jurassic Park theming throughout the land (especially in Camp Jurassic), I'll be furious.

If they use that as an opportunity to give the land an identity and make it feel like less of a strip mall / garden food court, I'm game.
Perhaps the bulk of the Nintendo attraction work is being done in a location that is not Orlando, Hollywood or Japan. ;).... and Nassal just brought in for the final work in Orlando, if they're still in good graces after the Volcano Bay issues.
Most of the VB issues seemed to be outside of Nassal's purview. Things were behind schedule, but it was an insane schedule and Nassal would've probably been the last contractor on site (since they do theming things)

What issues were Nassal related with VB? I thought all the rockwork and decorations was pretty much done when the park opened. Or did their work hold others up?

What issues were Nassal related with VB? I thought all the rockwork and decorations was pretty much done when the park opened. Or did their work hold others up?
The volcano was behind schedule, holding up other work. Don't know if that was directly Nassal's fault or not. Just speculating since I heard some unofficial stuff from one of the insiders.

And hopefully some moving AA's too for Nintendo, Potter, & SLOP, if indeed Oceaneering is working in conjunction with Creature Tech on some of the AA's. :pray:
Well one of the rides is Mario Kart. I've been dreaming of getting to the starting line then all of a sudden you're joined by other "racers" on the track. Then Lakitu comes down to start the countdown...

...am I setting myself up for disappointment here?

Well one of the rides is Mario Kart. I've been dreaming of getting to the starting line then all of a sudden you're joined by other "racers" on the track. Then Lakitu comes down to start the countdown...

...am I setting myself up for disappointment here?

If you're ok with that all being on a screen or a VR headset....

If you're ok with that all being on a screen or a VR headset....
It wouldn't need to be. Lakitu would be perfectly doable and other racers could just be one appearing on each side and those particular AAs only being in that room. I think this ride could end up using similar effects to Mater's first appearance in RSR at plenty of different points.

OK. Let's summarize:......
If Dave's (Disneyhead) " guesses" (;):) and they generally are right on, unless plans change) on the various threads are correct, this looks like what has a good chance of happening.
* Hollywood and Orlando SLOP. AA's & associated work by Creature Tech and Oceaneering, work in progress
* DC/Harry Potter . Creature Tech & Oceaneering, work in progress
* Nintendo (Japan, Orlando, Hollywood) . Creature Tech and Oceaneering work in progress
* Jurassic Park, Orlando (and maybe 4th park). Waiting on movie results.
...Interesting that Universal could possibly be working on an army of AA's while Disney is concentrating on screen based attractions...The world has turned upside down, if these "guesses" (;):))prove correct.
One correction: Replace Oceaneering in the Potter Coaster with Dynamic Attractions. :thumbsup:

The vendors above are ride systems and some effects, specifically animatronics.

UC or someone like ITEC will be the Project Manager. Dynamic Attractions will get someone like K&G to assemble the coaster, PCL will build the building frames (Steel work/interior framing), Nassal will dress (Rock work/Facades/details), and Brightview will landscape. As with all recent Universal projects.

VB's problems weren't Nassal's fault. The project manager from UC has probably been sufficiently spanked by now though.

Last edited:
That said, if Jurassic Park at IOA was rethemed to be more like Singapore's "The Lost World", would people be mad of it?
I mean, if it meant another ride in there somewhere I wouldn't care..Or maybe swallowing up half of TL and the other half could be taken by Marvel..:shrug:

I mean, if it meant another ride in there somewhere I wouldn't care..Or maybe swallowing up half of TL and the other half could be taken by Marvel..:shrug:

I would imagine they would morph Skull Island, the current JP area, and if they really wanted to go through with expanding the footprint of there, perhaps Dudley Do Right.

Toon Lagoon is actually a very nice area, even if it is mostly themed to cartoons I’d never heard of before visiting. It contains a world class rapids ride and a presumably world class flume ride (I say presumably because I didn’t get to ride when I visited IOA, but my Dad and sister rode and said it was too long, the theming wasn’t even that good and it was no better than Logger’s Leap at Thorpe Park.) I wouldn’t really want to see Toon Lagoon rethemed, as I feel that there are other areas that need investment first *cough* Lost Continent *cough*.

Toon Lagoon is actually a very nice area, even if it is mostly themed to cartoons I’d never heard of before visiting. It contains a world class rapids ride and a presumably world class flume ride (I say presumably because I didn’t get to ride when I visited IOA, but my Dad and sister rode and said it was too long, the theming wasn’t even that good and it was no better than Logger’s Leap at Thorpe Park.) I wouldn’t really want to see Toon Lagoon rethemed, as I feel that there are other areas that need investment first *cough* Lost Continent *cough*.
Saying that Dudley is even "presumably" a world class flume is an insult to Splash Mountain. Even the much worse Disneyland version is better than Dudley.

Status
Not open for further replies.