Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 279 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Nick, what is being said is that Disney knew what UOR pitched to JK and therefore decided to build a land based on one of their own IP's...they got Pixar, cars sells merch big time, always has.

To me, this is typical business, but I am not knocking Disney nor trying to compare companies...heck, to me, IOA's Islands are an early concept of a themed land...
My thinking is since JK walked into a Disney office and basically told them exactly what to build, it would have been corporate malfeasance to not use the info to their benefit.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
We're really getting off-topic here. I recently spoke to an acquaintance of mine who knows a few staff members at Universal. According to the rumors suggested by these staff members, JP:RA is indeed closing down in January for a certain length of time in order to overhaul the attraction. They have also stated that this overhaul will include brand new animatronics, Jurassic World elements, etc. I really hope this information is true, as JP:RA is in desperate need for some new animatronics.
The part about January closure is normal operation. I hope they use the time to do more than general refurb which is what they usually do.

Concerning a "more" than general refurb, I believe Disneyhead said that had been put off until they see how the next movie does at the boxoffice. .....It's always good to ride JPRA when we vacation in May. Generally, after the Feb./March refurb, all the AA's are in pretty good operating shape. I would guess the Christmas Holiday visitors get a lesser version of JPRA, since the skins on the AA's are deteriorating by then (I read that the skins only have a 1 year lifespan in the Florida weather & get replaced every year). So, reaction to JPRA, probably depends on what time in the life cycle that you are experiencing it.

Concerning a "more" than general refurb, I believe Disneyhead said that had been put off until they see how the next movie does at the boxoffice. .....It's always good to ride JPRA when we vacation in May. Generally, after the Feb./March refurb, all the AA's are in pretty good operating shape. I would guess the Christmas Holiday visitors get a lesser version of JPRA, since the skins on the AA's are deteriorating by then (I read that the skins only have a 1 year lifespan in the Florida weather & get replaced every year). So, reaction to JPRA, probably depends on what time in the life cycle that you are experiencing it.

I find it very mediocre every time, even tho i still love it. When I go with my friends, I always make it a thing to tell them how good this ride is and how big the drop is. When I finish riding it I always wonder why I hyped it up so much. Then again, I still want to re ride every time.

I find it very mediocre every time, even tho i still love it. When I go with my friends, I always make it a thing to tell them how good this ride is and how big the drop is. When I finish riding it I always wonder why I hyped it up so much. Then again, I still want to re ride every time.

You’re probably remembering your first time which a lot of people will experiencing for themselves.

After you’ve been on it 50+ times, it all becomes about the drop at the end.

You’re probably remembering your first time which a lot of people will experiencing for themselves.

The funny thing, and I've mentioned it before, was that the first time I rode JPRA I was not impressed. It was a classic case of my expectations were way too high. The same thing happened to me with the Mummy. But as I repeated both rides, they soon both became among my favorite in any park. I absolutely love JPRA now. I still get a bit of a chill when those gates open with that great music playing. I wish they would build more attractions like JPRA, but with their footprint (like Jaws) being so huge, I doubt we'll see many more like it.

The funny thing, and I've mentioned it before, was that the first time I rode JPRA I was not impressed. It was a classic case of my expectations were way too high. The same thing happened to me with the Mummy. But as I repeated both rides, they soon both became among my favorite in any park. I absolutely love JPRA now. I still get a bit of a chill when those gates open with that great music playing. I wish they would build more attractions like JPRA, but with their footprint (like Jaws) being so huge, I doubt we'll see many more like it.

It's a pretty big moment going through those gates and they absolutely nailed it.

I think the new Potter at IOA could have a huge footprint but I think that will be the last for a while.

Site B on the other hand has infinite potential.

Reactions: Mad Dog
And Comcast just announced they have purchased Lucasfilm and all of its holdings, including the Star Wars franchise...

Disney still has the theme park rights though. Universal are hoping to release a Star Wars land in Beijing and Singapore where Disney don't have any resorts and plan to open attractions in Orlando with characters that weren't included in the contract like Jar Jar Binks.

I've ridden it millions of times and the drop is the only reason I ride, the T. rex at this point is just sitting out and barley moving.

Reactions: alias8703
I wish the diversion point was more like the one at USH, where there is a wrecked Jeep that pushes you off course instead of a dinosaur out of containment blowing water. It makes a lot more sense.

I wish the diversion point was more like the one at USH, where there is a wrecked Jeep that pushes you off course instead of a dinosaur out of containment blowing water. It makes a lot more sense.

I thought it was one of the boat's wrecked as opposed to a Jeep (as there is a sequence in the Hollywood version of the falling jeep, but that's after the knocking off course).

Status
Not open for further replies.