Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very mediocre every time, even tho i still love it. When I go with my friends, I always make it a thing to tell them how good this ride is and how big the drop is. When I finish riding it I always wonder why I hyped it up so much. Then again, I still want to re ride every time.
Go spend some time at the base of the drop and watch the faces of those riding. It will rekindle your enjoyment of this ride. I like to get a double Margarita at the cart right there, if they have Cuervo it is a great drink but to each their own if you don't do that. Watching them come down the drop and hitting the splash pool is one of the great sights in the park.

I thought it was one of the boat's wrecked as opposed to a Jeep (as there is a sequence in the Hollywood version of the falling jeep, but that's after the knocking off course).
Correct, the diversion into Raptorland is due to a diplo dino in every version. The (occasionally) falling Jeep in USH is where the falling crate is at IOA. Less spectacular but more reliable.

I love Splash Mountain, but I always wondered how it was conceptualized.

"Hey guys, let's make a water ride based on the animated segments of this old live action film of ours that got banned years ago for being too racist."

I believe it had something to do with the fact that America Sings at Disneyland was closing, they had hundreds of cartoony animal AA's about to be trashed, and they just happen to match the style of Song of the South. So the ride system, the SOTS characters and left over AA's from America Sings were just Frankensteined into what we know as Splash Mountain.

So, Universal Japan have a new parade featuring Jurassic World (not Park), and it seems to be based on the upcoming sequel. Universal Studios Japan Announces New Parade Featuring Jurassic World! - Jurassic Outpost

FB16e53.jpg

I do wonder if the move to JW branding over JP is a sign of what's to come everywhere.

Concerning a "more" than general refurb, I believe Disneyhead said that had been put off until they see how the next movie does at the boxoffice. .....It's always good to ride JPRA when we vacation in May. Generally, after the Feb./March refurb, all the AA's are in pretty good operating shape. I would guess the Christmas Holiday visitors get a lesser version of JPRA, since the skins on the AA's are deteriorating by then (I read that the skins only have a 1 year lifespan in the Florida weather & get replaced every year). So, reaction to JPRA, probably depends on what time in the life cycle that you are experiencing it.

This doesn't ring right to me. As of April of this year (and probably earlier), Creature Tech was working on the refurb.

Universal also knows Fallen Kingdom will do well in the BO. My guess is they're considering closing JPRA with replacing it with a JW ride, rather than a big refurb, hence the delay. But that still leaves me questioning what's going on with the work at CTC.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
So, Universal Japan have a new parade featuring Jurassic World (not Park), and it seems to be based on the upcoming sequel. Universal Studios Japan Announces New Parade Featuring Jurassic World! - Jurassic Outpost

FB16e53.jpg

I do wonder if the move to JW branding over JP is a sign of what's to come everywhere.

This doesn't ring right to me. As of April of this year (and probably earlier), Creature Tech was working on the refurb.

Universal also knows Fallen Kingdom will do well in the BO. My guess is they're considering closing JPRA with replacing it with a JW ride, rather than a big refurb, hence the delay. But that still leaves me questioning what's going on with the work at CTC.
Perhaps a "proof of concept" if you will...

Yeah I don't think they going to make Jurassic World a new land in the upcoming park especially with them destroying the old park. But holy moly at the potential for that gyrosphere ride.

Yeah I don't think they going to make Jurassic World a new land in the upcoming park especially with them destroying the old park. But holy moly at the potential for that gyrosphere ride.

Diagon Alley was also pretty destroyed by the 7th movie and yet...

TBH, I have to assume if they were to do Jurassic World, they could borrow a page from Potter, and have it be in a certain time-frame.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah I don’t mind JW getting an area in a new park. Two completely different places in cannon unless I’m remembering incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.