Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The behind the scenes trailer had me pumped, the actual trailer was a major let down.

Jurassic Park seems forever the franchise doomed to have one fantastic movie and middling to bad results thereafter. (World was good, but a soft rehash).
There are a lot of franchises in the same boat unfortunately...Besides Indiana Jones, I can't think of a Speilberg movie that has a great sequel...JP, JAWS, ET, just feel so complete with just one film IMO

But yeah, tentpoles

There are a lot of franchises in the same boat unfortunately...Besides Indiana Jones, I can't think of a Speilberg movie that has a great sequel...JP, JAWS, ET, just feel so complete with just one film IMO

But yeah, tentpoles

Because sequels to movies that rely more on their concepts and plots than their characters are always redundant. An Indy sequel has a great foundation in its lead character, same for Star Wars, etc. How many times can you do a movie about people being chased by dinosaurs or terrorized by a shark? The answer is you can only do them well once.

got in discussion on facebook about future of Jurassic Park and the person private messaged me the following after I said I severally doubt JP is going anywhere.

"The visitors center is closing. They are taking it out for a coaster. Multiple sources confirm but I am forbidden from posting about it directly. River Adventure future uncertain as well as the screen used dino skeletons in the VC and the vehicles."

Anyone have any thoughts, I still doubt it, and removing the Visitor Center and replacing with a coaster dosent make since to me.

Reactions: Disneyhead
got in discussion on facebook about future of Jurassic Park and the person private messaged me the following after I said I severally doubt JP is going anywhere.

"The visitors center is closing. They are taking it out for a coaster. Multiple sources confirm but I am forbidden from posting about it directly. River Adventure future uncertain as well as the screen used dino skeletons in the VC and the vehicles."

Anyone have any thoughts, I still doubt it, and removing the Visitor Center and replacing with a coaster dosent make since to me.
There’s been some rumblings about a wooden family coaster coming to the area for awhile. When it comes to rumors about JP at IOA, I’ll believe it when I see it.

A little premature to be discussing this, but after JW opens in South Park, JP's days are numbered.
South Park? not sure I'm understanding, you mean possible Third Gate park or something else? Another thought I had also, wouldn't any sort of coasters in that area create sight line issues with potter?

South Park? not sure I'm understanding, you mean possible Third Gate park or something else? Another thought I had also, wouldn't any sort of coasters in that area create sight line issues with potter?
I believe Dave is refering towards the Southern Property, that's been rumored by some of us to have Jurassic World in Gate IV (Technically we should say 3, but that's counting VB).

First time I’m reading that the skeletons are screen used.

Reactions: tankart150
We'll see. I think it'll do fine, because kids love dinosaurs, but I see it disappointing in the same way TLJ did at the box office. It'll make money, it just won't make "enough money".

On the topic of Park 3, I'm just throwing my hands up in frustration at this point.
How much is "enough money" though? TLJ has made $1.32B WW (Expected to finish right around $1.4B). Sure that's well down from TFA and i'm sure many people did less repeat viewings, but the only reason TFA made as much money as it did was because of fans who had waited 30+ years to see a continuation of the original saga.

With only two years between TFA and TLJ, there wasn't that same excitement leading up to it and then once it quickly became a movie where it seemed people either loved or hated it, well, it was clear it wasn't going to match TFA.

How much is "enough money" though? TLJ has made $1.32B WW (Expected to finish right around $1.4B). Sure that's well down from TFA and i'm sure many people did less repeat viewings, but the only reason TFA made as much money as it did was because of fans who had waited 30+ years to see a continuation of the original saga.

With only two years between TFA and TLJ, there wasn't that same excitement leading up to it and then once it quickly became a movie where it seemed people either loved or hated it, well, it was clear it wasn't going to match TFA.

Listen, I loved TLJ. I'm not knocking it. It's far and away one of the best Star Wars movies ever made. I also think it's ludicrous that it's considered a "failure", but basically every industry view on it says it's a disappointment. I don't think anyone thought it would make as much as TFA. But it sure seems like no one was expecting it to make this much less.

Listen, I loved TLJ. I'm not knocking it. It's far and away one of the best Star Wars movies ever made. I also think it's ludicrous that it's considered a "failure", but basically every industry view on it says it's a disappointment. I don't think anyone thought it would make as much as TFA. But it sure seems like no one was expecting it to make this much less.
I think if someone was to point at one thing (aside from audience divide), it has to be Jumanji and to some extent, The Greatest Showman. TFA had no counter-programming or competition of any sort. TLJ wasn't able to hold on to the longevity that TFA had because audiences were drawn to Jumanji far more than I think anyone expected.

Star Wars TLJ expectations were around $1.6 billion worldwide (a $470 million drop off TFA). So it will likely end up $200 million under its expectations if it finishes around $1.4 billion. Not a catastrophe or anything like that, but definite underperformance and possible franchise fatigue.

JW Fallen Kingdom expectations are probably around $1.3 billion ($500 million US + $800 million overseas). That's a reasonable drop ($370 million) from the $1.67 billion of JW (which had same built-in "decade plus of no franchise movie" hype as TFA).

I would consider anything below $1.1 billion as a disappointment for JW Fallen Kingdom given that there should be a lot less franchise fatigue for JW Fallen Kingdom compared to TLJ. Unlike JW, Star Wars really is producing a lot of movies (another trilogy announced today).

Status
Not open for further replies.