Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the part im struggling to see with switching the area from JP to JW, how can they with that Discovery Centre being so prominent? I get changing it over at Hollwood, its really just an overlay change but at IOA you have the Centre and the whole area feels more JP than JW with the narrow paths and over growth everywhere. Is it not possible that they are keeping it JP, leaving River Adventure as is for now and just building a new ride? Either coaster or indoor dark ride, personally id prefer the latter.
I hear you on that. I just feel with JW coming to both Hollywood and soon Beijing its obvious they want the IP in the parks. I would think eventually all the lands will shift into JW at some point. To clone ride overlays and do some theming upgrades wouldnt be as expensive as some other projects. JP at Islands isnt supposed to be Isla Nublar, but rather its own thing. Frontier's upcoming Jurassic World Evolution game has all the islands from the 5 deaths in it. Some werent in the films. Whos to say they dont just upgrade the land with hints of JW and make it their own?

Reactions: LJGonz
I'm hearing the new attraction will stick up above the land, but not too much. And that it will not be entirely contained in the old trike plot.

So I'm guessing 100' tall. And crossing some walkways.
That seems a bit excessive height wise

Could we be seeing a restructuring of the flow of the land (re-routed pathways?)

Heard that that old rumor was not this new idea.

Probably not but it would be a good way to do this. I always think of Indy Jones and Temple of Doom, when they're riding through the mine on those carts. With the 100' height (or anything close), they could use an intricate track layout with crossovers/unders, sharp turns, and utilizing the lateral and vertical space available to its greatest efficiency.

Reactions: LJGonz
A themed wooden coaster, fairly low to the ground, would probably be less intrusive to the JP theming than a steel coaster. It actually could be a nice action oriented point of view, instead of that ugly thing they built in the Japan park.

And I'm sticking with NOT "Family Friendly".

Yeah I think this ends up being a thrill ride. Potter has the family attraction down for 2019 and if this ends up being a thrill ride it replaces a hole that was opened when Dragons got torn down. I mean losing two coasters in Dragons only to possibly gain two separate coasters elsewhere would be great imo

Yeah I think this ends up being a thrill ride. Potter has the family attraction down for 2019 and if this ends up being a thrill ride it replaces a hole that was opened when Dragons got torn down. I mean losing two coasters in Dragons only to possibly gain two separate coasters elsewhere would be great imo
Well, the Jurassic Park/World series isn't A Land Before Time.

Just sayin'.

I just heard it was going to be a next level coaster, not sure what that means but he said it's going to be awesome. That sounds pretty vague but that's all I heard.

I just heard it was going to be a next level coaster, not sure what that means but he said it's going to be awesome. That sounds pretty vague but that's all I heard.
Pixie Dusters:
anigif_sub-buzz-31330-1469209227-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.