Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they have to keep people coming while park #4 is under construction and give people reason to come (and keep all those new hotel rooms full!)
I keep thinking of not renewing my AP until Park 4 opens because of Nintendo. I keep changing my mind

If Jurassic Park land at IOA were to transform one day into a Jurassic World land this would leave a Jurassic World themed land off the table at a possible 3rd or 4th Universal Gate correct? I mean adding newer dinosaurs like the mossasaur which should be a worthy replacement for Jaws and have it’s own attraction if Bruce doesn’t resurrect at a 3rd/4th Gate in a rumored Horror section if Uni decides to make one.

If Jurassic Park land at IOA were to transform one day into a Jurassic World land this would leave a Jurassic World themed land off the table at a possible 3rd or 4th Universal Gate correct? I mean adding newer dinosaurs like the mossasaur which should be a worthy replacement for Jaws and have it’s own attraction if Bruce doesn’t resurrect at a 3rd/4th Gate in a rumored Horror section if Uni decides to make one.
Correct, we assume this means no JW at the new park...

Also, a mosasaur scene will be included in the new JW version of Hollywood's Jurassic Park ride. If our River Adventure gets the JW treatment, we should expect something similar.

Correct, we assume this means no JW at the new park...

Also, a mosasaur scene will be included in the new JW version of Hollywood's Jurassic Park ride. If our River Adventure gets the JW treatment, we should expect something similar.
Yeah hopefully the Mossasaur will be popular enough to add in a newly transformed Jurassic World Land at IOA. We don’t know if we will see a AA Mossasaur though we could see a Mossasaur on a 3D projection screen coming right at you with water splashing. I hope Uni doesn’t use a screen for real for the Mossasaur not trying to sound silly.

Yeah hopefully the Mossasaur will be popular enough to add in a newly transformed Jurassic World Land at IOA. We don’t know if we will see a AA Mossasaur though we could see a Mossasaur on a 3D projection screen coming right at you with water splashing. I hope Uni doesn’t use a screen for real for the Mossasaur not trying to sound silly.

If it's an outdoor scene, do not expect a mosasaur screen to be used. But, that I would not expect a giant Mosasaur animatronic.

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone wants a dark ride/omnimover with dino AA's when River Adventure already does a really good job in both of those aspects. If I were given the choice of slow moving omnimover or slow moving, outdoor boat ride with giant Animatronics, I would pick the latter every time. My point is, we already have something similar and superior to an omnimover. Especially if we get the rumored refurb. I think a coaster is a really good choice for the new attraction.
Yes but key words here are slow moving, and boat ride. A) only 50% of RA is a dark ride and B) its a boat ride. I love RA and try to ride it as much as possible, but sometimes getting wet just isn't in the cards. I would love a fast moving, indoor dark ride with top notch theming and animatronics any day over a thrill coaster. With such Iconic IPs, I love theming and immersiveness over 60+mph thrill ride where you are going too fast to take in all the theming. Save the thrill coasters for lesser iconic IPs than JP. JMHO of course

Yes but key words here are slow moving, and boat ride. A) only 50% of RA is a dark ride and B) its a boat ride. I love RA and try to ride it as much as possible, but sometimes getting wet just isn't in the cards. I would love a fast moving, indoor dark ride with top notch theming and animatronics any day over a thrill coaster. With such Iconic IPs, I love theming and immersiveness over 60+mph thrill ride where you are going too fast to take in all the theming. Save the thrill coasters for lesser iconic IPs than JP. JMHO of course

I feel the opposite. I'd rather have the coaster over a dark ride anyday. Plus, given the amount of space that they had to work with, they probably couldn't have fit a dark ride in there without demolishing half of the land.

Not that I necessarily want an Omnimover, but more family friendly offerings are likely needed if they did do a large scale attraction in JP. Right now, the only way to see dinosaurs outside of the Discovery Center and Raptor Encounter(which both do a phenomenal job) there is no way to see moving Dinosaurs in JP. This is why Camp Jurassic also exists, there is very little ways to see Dinosaurs if you have young kids or even if your family is tall enough but most people do not want to get wet. Something besides a water ride or coaster would be welcome.

As much as I love dark/scary theming and flume rides, family accessability is needed to be well rounded and it is where the money is. This was part of the reason early on that IOA suffered. Besides marketing, people saw it as mostly coasters. It was not, but many of the attractions were too thrilling without a balance and height requirements were extreme for the average visiting family. This is why there are many "playground" like attractions. They are the best playgrounds at any theme park, but were definitely needed because everything was over a 40 inch height requirement.

And although it may not be the perfect fit, it is why Kong was much needed attraction. After you got past Marvel, which, with Spiderman being the only major attraction every age range(over 4o inches) could easily ride and even that has a lot of "noise" for some people.
A balance is always needed in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.