Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 381 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept art is already out there:
r-1419264199-ChesterAndHestersDinoRama2.jpg

I think it will suck, typically Universal, Disney would never build this crap.
Two wrongs don’t make a right.

I ask for better from both companies. Why not you?

Reactions: SkiBum
Yeah, I rode it last Saturday night and was surprised how good the ride is. At the end you feel like it will fling you into the supports. Lots of fun!

it is a fun ride (with a capacity problem).

as of about two trips ago, our daughter reached the height limit, but it was fun to hit up in the AM before the crowds got there...well, fun while it lasted, but we are done with it now.

Reactions: JoeCamel
You don't need a story. And to be honest, any story for a JP Coaster would be cheesy, stupid, or pointless.

You could make it incredibly compelling.

Say we weren’t getting HP coaster, but the exact same layout was JP instead in JP. Heck, if HP is bikes, JP would be also.

Instead of FF animatronics, you get JP ones. When you go in the inverted 80 degree stop before reverse, a Trex is coming at us. Or raptors. Whatever.
Then- instead of devils snare you’ve escaped to a cliff or building. Audio tells you to be still and don’t move. Trex comes back out, breaks the floor, or cliff collapses, etc and you drop then launch again.
That took 3 Seconds to come up with. UC could come up with better stuff than I did for sure.

Now, we can’t get this because of HP- which id rather have HP. But a compelling storyline for a JP coaster certainly isn’t out of the realm of possibilities if they so desired, which they don’t.

You could make it incredibly compelling.

Say we weren’t getting HP coaster, but the exact same layout was JP instead in JP. Heck, if HP is bikes, JP would be also.

Instead of FF animatronics, you get JP ones. When you go in the inverted 80 degree stop before reverse, a Trex is coming at us. Or raptors. Whatever.
Then- instead of devils snare you’ve escaped to a cliff or building. Audio tells you to be still and don’t move. Trex comes back out, breaks the floor, or cliff collapses, etc and you drop then launch again.
That took 3 Seconds to come up with. UC could come up with better stuff than I did for sure.

Now, we can’t get this because of HP- which id rather have HP. But a compelling storyline for a JP coaster certainly isn’t out of the realm of possibilities if they so desired, which they don’t.

They would make a coaster like that if they could, but there's not enough room for it. The HP plot is ten times the size of Triceratops.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
They would make a coaster like that if they could, but there's not enough room for it. The HP plot is ten times the size of Triceratops.
1) we don’t know that they would
2) that wasn’t the point. The point was that JP can be a compelling coaster without being “cheesy, stupid or pointless”

Reactions: Mike S
I wonder if the JP expansion is just going to be an expansion of the Raptor Encounter or a new JP Coaster possible flying coaster. You know they could go with a Inverted Coaster since Dueling Dragons is gone but changed it's name once HP section came.

I was thinking a nice addition that would flow with the area would be a B&M Wing Coaster themed to Flying Dinosaur. It would probably have to be built jetting out into the lagoon but if they could make it weave in and around JP, it’d fit. What could be a better coaster for that area than a Pteranodon-themed Wing Coaster?

I was thinking a nice addition that would flow with the area would be a B&M Wing Coaster themed to Flying Dinosaur. It would probably have to be built jetting out into the lagoon but if they could make it weave in and around JP, it’d fit. What could be a better coaster for that area than a Pteranodon-themed Wing Coaster?

I think that a themed wood coaster fits the area best or a T-Rex from RMC. T-Rex would give, if it worked, a smooth ride that could really be tailored to swoop in and around the area with a small footprint for the footers. IOA doesn't have a wood coaster and this could fill that need. Hard to say which management wants. I am just not sure about wing coasters. Gatekeeper at Cedar Point is boring. Wild Eagle at Dollywood was pretty good and I haven't been on Holiday World's.

Status
Not open for further replies.