Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 386 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When maintained correctly, they’re among the top coasters in the world. Unfortunately, you won’t find many well-maintained wooden coasters at your typical corporate regional park.

Despite that, I personally feel that a wooden coaster has no place at a world-destination theme park resort given that they just seem impractical. Universal had to completely rebuild Hulk after 17 years of operation. Imagine how often they’d have to retrack a wooden coaster.
Kennywood has three classic wooden coasters. Maintainance is so good that two of them date from the 1920's and the third from the late 60's. Maintainance walks the tracks every single day before the park's opening. That's the way to keep them running right.

So is there any chance we see some kind of cosmetic change to the DC once they change the land to JW? I know itll be hard to do the Innovation Center from the movie without totally destroying it but id like to think something will happen to the DC.

When maintained correctly, they’re among the top coasters in the world. Unfortunately, you won’t find many well-maintained wooden coasters at your typical corporate regional park.

Despite that, I personally feel that a wooden coaster has no place at a world-destination theme park resort given that they just seem impractical. Universal had to completely rebuild Hulk after 17 years of operation. Imagine how often they’d have to retrack a wooden coaster.

You'd have to retrack quite often based on the thorough-put it would see to keep it smooth, that's for sure. We haven't seen a woodie in any park with even half of UOR's attendance; and with how fast they push people though, it would see quite a bit of use.

I think they'd be up for the task, but is it worth the downtime and expense? Likely why we haven't ever seen one at Disney or UOR.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Dhdhddh
Well it looks like my speculation about Project 130/1301/130I being for the Raptor Encounter relocation was totally incorrect. Apparently that project is for a new electrical substation and chiller plant being built back behind the new parade building.

I think the relocation will be included with this new project. Which no isn't 130.

Can't we get something highly themed with show scenes...they COULD build a high capacity B&M with show scenes and animatronics...take Baron 1898 over in Efteling park in the Netherlands...absolutely loved the theming to that ride! I imagine something similar, but before the climb up the lift hill there's an attack from Raptors or the Indominus or something...
And they could end the ride with a show scene before unload...

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Can't we get something highly themed with show scenes...they COULD build a high capacity B&M with show scenes and animatronics...take Baron 1898 over in Efteling park in the Netherlands...absolutely loved the theming to that ride! I imagine something similar, but before the climb up the lift hill there's an attack from Raptors or the Indominus or something...
And they could end the ride with a show scene before unload...

Which is like what Hulk does but people don't consider that a "themed" ride for some reason.

Never understood why Hulk ended up in such bad shape. Kumba is six years older than Hulk and still runs fine.

I'm having a hard time picturing where a coaster fits on the island. Is it going to be just south of the DC, or will it be north of it?

And one of them is even a National Historic Monument :)
:thumbsup: One further step, the entire park has been designated as a National Historic Monument. Kennywood has many unique attractions that no longer exist anywhere else, which shows how good maintainance is essential. They are Parques Reunides' flagship park. They open their new Thomas the Train land in a few weeks, which will be the second largest TT area in existence. And conjecture has a new coaster coming in 2019. But, our climate in this area is more conducive to wooden coasters longevity than Florida. While they can certainly be built in Florida, the elements aren't very friendly to them....And our good friend from England, UK Trigg, will be here in a couple of months to ride those classic wooden coasters, plus the thrilling steel coasters too......I'd prefer IOA Jurassic go with a steel coaster, even though I prefer wooden, since I think steel is better in lieu of the Florida climate.

:thumbsup: One further step, the entire park has been designated as a National Historic Monument. Kennywood has many unique attractions that no longer exist anywhere else, which shows how good maintainance is essential. They are Parques Reunides' flagship park. They open their new Thomas the Train land in a few weeks, which will be the second largest TT area in existence. And conjecture has a new coaster coming in 2019. But, our climate in this area is more conducive to wooden coasters longevity than Florida. While they can certainly be built in Florida, the elements aren't very friendly to them....And our good friend from England, UK Trigg, will be here in a couple of months to ride those classic wooden coasters, plus the thrilling steel coasters too......I'd prefer IOA Jurassic go with a steel coaster, even though I prefer wooden, since I think steel is better in lieu of the Florida climate.
We don’t want another Gwazi, just sitting there indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.