Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed. The version we have doesn't do that with the exception of the drop. With a jeep, you could make things much faster and increase the tension.

Like Dinosaur then?

I find it reassuring that whatever happens with JP, it’s always going to be a physical ride. If they develop something new with screens, there would be a massive backlash.

Here's the thing: if Universal committed to an upgraded version of the old Jeep ride concept -- all practical, numerous giant AAs, elaborate landscaping and theme work -- there's a chance River Adventure could be topped.

However, I believe Universal would view such an attraction as too expensive to be worth it, and would likely attempt to do something more in the Spidey/Transformers/Gringotts style... which wouldn't be as good as what we have with River Adventure.

As such, I think JPRA is about the best attraction we could realistically hope to see.
I sure wish Kong would have used the Jeep Tours concept rather than the 360 concept buuuuuut

River Adventure is fine, water rides are fine...It needs a serious makeover though

Dudley was awesome before the new restraints and I hate those people that soak you after the big drop.

Actually, the best part of Dudley is soaking the people after the big drop that managed to stay halfway dry. We spend at least half an hour each trip squirting people. Sorry Bulldog45! We used to stay longer until they raised the price.

I think this is a the grass is greener situation. If they went for the car ride, what would the thrill be?
Does there always have to be a thrill? I mean, look at Kilimanjaro Safari's. A bunch of people riding in a truck, looking at animals and people are entranced the entire way and come off happy.

Now obviously Universal can't fill an area with Dinosaurs nor do the have the land to do what KS does, but i'm sure they could've come up with something clever using the Jeep. It could've been a tour of Isla Adventura with Animatronic dinos along the way and then certain portions where you need to speed away, etc, etc. The Jeep's path could've circled the entire island.

Sitting here reading up on the forums since my flight has been DELAYED... Good news is it wasn’t cancelled. Still haven’t checked out Blue yet too fwiw. Need to do that sometime soon. Sounds like a real winner.
Delayed... not cancelled.

Sounds good :thumbsup:

So are the markers in the ground at JP for the new coaster going to procede into something, or is this another instance of Universal going full throttle on a project and then completely backing out?

Does there always have to be a thrill? I mean, look at Kilimanjaro Safari's. A bunch of people riding in a truck, looking at animals and people are entranced the entire way and come off happy.

Now obviously Universal can't fill an area with Dinosaurs nor do the have the land to do what KS does, but i'm sure they could've come up with something clever using the Jeep. It could've been a tour of Isla Adventura with Animatronic dinos along the way and then certain portions where you need to speed away, etc, etc. The Jeep's path could've circled the entire island.

I don’t think Kilimanjaro safaris is a fair comparison. One is real animals with a different experience each time and the other is fake animals and the same experience over and over.

I don’t think Kilimanjaro safaris is a fair comparison. One is real animals with a different experience each time and the other is fake animals and the same experience over and over.
Perhaps there would be a way to slightly randomize it, though. The AAs could be programed with different movements that could catch a repeat rider off guard. Obviously there's limitations with AAs as opposed to live animals, but especially with modern technology, making a ride like that could be totally do-able. The issue of course would be cost and maintenance. Real animals don't break down.

Look, i'm not saying it's the best idea or that it would've been better than JPRA, but I agree with others that the ride is certainly not the best use of the IP. Or at least getting the most out of the IP.

So Rhino Rallye with Dinos?

So Rhino Rallye with Dinos?
Obviously my point got lost along the way here.

I was just giving an example of something that could be done. I'm not in Creative. I'm sure they could cook up some great ideas (much better than mine) for a Jeep ride if you asked them.

The point was, the current ride is not the best use of the IP.

Perhaps there would be a way to slightly randomize it, though. The AAs could be programed with different movements that could catch a repeat rider off guard. Obviously there's limitations with AAs as opposed to live animals, but especially with modern technology, making a ride like that could be totally do-able. The issue of course would be cost and maintenance. Real animals don't break down.

Look, i'm not saying it's the best idea or that it would've been better than JPRA, but I agree with others that the ride is certainly not the best use of the IP. Or at least getting the most out of the IP.

I can't tell if a jeep ride would compliment JPRA or just be seen as a rip off. The idea though of a ride system similar to Spider-Man or Dinosaur that actually goes outside is an interesting one.

I feel like a JP Jeep ride would be one of the easiest things to pull off, but probably not in the space they now have to work with at IOA. I've always imagined a JP Jeep ride to use the open top jeeps on a track, starting outside and exploring one or two Dino exhibits before you come across the damaged and open T-Rex paddock, a Rex AA pops his head out and forces the jeep to divert into a nearby building where you effectively have a JP version of the Dinosaur ride at AK but a bit shorter and mainly filled with Raptor AA's hunting you through the building before you finish with the Rex AA saving the day with a couple of Raptors in his mouth before unloading back outside.

The problem with that is it could only go in a new park, and its very JP themed rather than JW, although the Jeeps were in the first JW film too. I feel the open feel of JW doesnt lend itself well to a thrill ride as much as the claustrophobic feeling of JP does.

I've never been that connected with JPRA either, even when I first rode it, I just always wanted more from a JP ride.

Obviously my point got lost along the way here.

I was just giving an example of something that could be done. I'm not in Creative. I'm sure they could cook up some great ideas (much better than mine) for a Jeep ride if you asked them.

The point was, the current ride is not the best use of the IP.
I liked RR

I liked RR
River Adventure is certainly not the worst they could done. I'll admit that it does have a wow moment for me and some cool effects. Trouble is, that "wow" moment for me is when you turn the corner, the gates open and the JP music starts playing. A lot of time the gates aren't in sync with that however. Also, the "caged raptors" don't always fall at the right time, ruining an effect that give a bit of a jump scare if timed right. It's also a shame that the actual portion when we're in the lab is so short.

But I digress. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.