Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 425 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, I don't think kids care what it's called. They just want a fun experience, and the opportunity to recognize dinosaurs from the movies they have seen. Nobody is gonna get wired up if it's called JP, has JP aesthetics, but also has an Indominus Rex or Mosasaurus somewhere.

Allow me to introduce myself... :lol:

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Also, as much as I absolutely hate saying this: Jurassic Park was based off of a theme park catered to dinosaurs. And as seen in World..it seemed more was needed than just the dinosaurs that are pretty and deadly.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
What a waste of space and potential for good themeing in Jurassic if true.

I'm very sympathetic to this position. Yes, as others have said, it's not a huge plot of land, and yes, it will be good for the land to have a significant new attraction.

But I'd much rather it be an attraction that features animatronic dinosaurs in a major way, which has always been - and will seemingly remain - the land's weak spot. Even River Adventure is underpopulated.

Reactions: Frogki
Regarding branding: up until a few weeks ago, IOA was supposed to be the first JP Universal Parks location to convert to JW starting with the raptor move.

Not sure where that stands now. Plans continue to be in flux.

Thanks for the update Quint.

Reactions: Quint
Ok... so we brace for the new entrance

jurassic-park-4.w1200.h630.jpg

This was also my response.

Either way, it helps knowing a better understanding of the whole thing.

So Islands would be the first to officially receive Jurassic World branding, then followed by Hollywood in the Summer assumingly. Then hypothetically, wouldn't it make sense for River Adventure to close by Labor Day of next year, to prepare for the changes to the area branding? That would make sense to me, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.