Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at 160ft it's going to dominate that view plus you're probably looking at a launch up to 80mph just to get over that crest.
Well it’s not a sure thing yet, but I have heard this from multiple people. Talk about the layout and height are probably a little earlier in the thread so maybe try looking for some more info there.

Well it’s not a sure thing yet, but I have heard this from multiple people. Talk about the layout and height are probably a little earlier in the thread so maybe try looking for some more info there.

All I know is that too many people are saying a coaster is coming for it to be ignored but nobody seems to agree about what it is.

I don't see a need to make it super tall. Make it something along the lines of Maverick at Cedar Point and you've got a winner. Fast, thrilling, low to the ground.

They could even use LIM's to handle the lift hill which makes for a quick lift hill and not too high. I get why people would prefer launches (no lift hill to hide) but the lift hill and ensuing drop are some of the best parts of a ride. Heightens expectation and fear while also providing for a longer ride time.

However, I'm not advocating a slow lift hill. The lift hill on The Beast is so slow that you start thinking that you're not moving or the lift motor has broken.

Just give us the exact same coaster thats going in Harry Potter but put Dinos in it. I don't care.
coaster+dinos= wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't see a need to make it super tall. Make it something along the lines of Maverick at Cedar Point and you've got a winner. Fast, thrilling, low to the ground.

I agree. The Maverick at Cedar Point is one of my favorite coasters. The dark tunnel where you briefly stop would be a great opportunity to hear a dinosaur roar and shoot you off to get away from it. There's also the water jets that shoot up as you go past as well. Taking some of the Maverick elements and theming to JP is very doable.

ispeed combines top thrill dragster w maverick. I think to elongate the low coaster portion and you’ve got a unique ride at IOA with high intensity. I could also totally see maverick with some adjustments added to it.

If it's Mack, I just hope it's not a spinning coaster. :puke:

1) Spinning isn't too bad on Time Traveler at SDC
2) Considering this ride is supposed to be Raptor themed so top hats, spinning, and more just don't fit in

If, IF, this is a Mach ride I think we should check out Copperhead Strike as an example of the attraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have photos yet, but looks like the hair wraps/face paint stand is being moved closer to Thunder Falls Terrace. I'm guessing they could then move a couple of the games across the pathway to where that was located, making room for the new Raptor Encounter entrance.

Man I didn't realize how compact Taron is. It almost completely fits on the Trike plot
And yet it's the longest multi-launch coaster in the world, at about 4,600 feet.

Imagine what could be done in the entire area rumored to be used for the new JP coaster though:

JP-Coaster-Map3b.jpg

I hadn't posted it here yet, but here's my article published this morning on UUOP's site:

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Is a Jurassic Park Roller Coaster Coming to Islands of Adventure?

And yet it's the longest multi-launch coaster in the world, at about 4,600 feet.

Imagine what could be done in the entire area rumored to be used for the new JP coaster though:

View attachment 8242

I hadn't posted it here yet, but here's my article published this morning on UUOP's site:

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Is a Jurassic Park Roller Coaster Coming to Islands of Adventure?

I was always excited for this project, another ride replacing empty space is always great, but now I'm starting to get really excited.

I was always excited for this project, another ride replacing empty space is always great, but now I'm starting to get really excited.
Regardless of whether it's Intamin or Mack, it certainly seems like they're going for something very fast and very thrilling with this one.

Could make sense: Enter where games are now, the queue is the front section of extended JPRA queue, and the new raptor encounter is located here, just left of pizza predatoria, with the exit leading back to main path.

Because the one thing that Raptor Encounter needs is a decent amount of queue space. That's why they almost immediately had to move the entrance to the current setup all the way to the back of that area, giving more room for extended queue along the path. People love meetin' the raptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.