Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 454 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the group of not being bothered by a coaster going infront of DC. The Discovery Centre should have been an iconic landmark in the park, but it never became one to me. Virtually everyone comes into IOA and takes a sharp left or right before you reach the lagoon viewing area. Id say 95% of guests don't even see that view, as much as you might love it if you take the time to find it. Why IOA haven't done more with the lagoon to make you see it, I don't know.

Yes, Jurassic Park is a theme park. One that was owned and operated with the goal to have attractions unlike any in the world. Mainly focused on seeing live Dinosaurs but the recent movies introduced the Gyrosphere. I’ve yet to see anything where they put in a ride that could be anywhere else. After all, the mantra was “spared no expense.”

Spared no expense, except when it comes to a programmer.

One part will be really tall. Not sure the rest will. My hope is the tall part is on the side closer to Toon Lagoon, sparing Hogsmeade a bad view over the buildings.

If it's close to Toon Lagoon it won't ruin anything. You can't see anything outside of that land.

I hope that time out involves them being strapped to FF Supercharged and riding over and over again.

Off topic a bit but the new Gyrosphere ride for Beijing is sounding amazing, as does Mario Kart, so maybe they are getting their mojo back?
Not to be that guy, but my pass is riding on Mario Kart being good...

Also, I think two coasters is a great way to recover

I think a top queue could change my opinion here. I just want more Dinosaurs. It’s one of the coolest IPs but I feel, and it’s crazy, that the area lacks life. I want massive, realistic Dinosaur AAs. Update River Adventure whilst they’re at it.

My frustrations with the coaster concept is that I can ride a good coaster anywhere...I look to visit Orlando (and pay a lot of money to do so) to be taken aback by unique offerings.

I love Coasters, but Busch Gardens is my least favourite park in Florida. The coasters are great, but it’s the closest park to anything we have in the UK. It’s still better than anything in the UK, but it’s closer (never been to Legoland)

This.

I just want to go to Jurassic Park and experience uniquely Jurassic Park thrills, more than anything, man.

Jurassic so badly needs some of that crazy theming love the Wizarding World gets. There must be some interesting middleground to explore.

This.

I just want to go to Jurassic Park and experience uniquely Jurassic Park thrills, more than anything, man.

Jurassic so badly needs some of that crazy theming love the Wizarding World gets. There must be some interesting middleground to explore.
I feel JP is missing the touch of the electric fences it once had...I think re-adjusting the entrance a bit would do some good

Besides that, I feel they did a good job with capturing the feeling of being in JP

The coaster will help to add life back to the area

Hopefully they open up Camp Jurassic as well...If you want detail, that's the area to go

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I feel JP is missing the touch of the electric fences it once had...I think re-adjusting the entrance a bit would do some good

Besides that, I feel they did a good job with capturing the feeling of being in JP

The coaster will help to add life back to the area

Hopefully they open up Camp Jurassic as well...If you want detail, that's the area to go

I hope there's budget to add some of the fences/arches/etc back to the land, that and the lack of dinos (which helped with the Raptor Encounter but still has some ways to go) are the biggest grievances I have.

Yeah they needed to add more Dino experiences like Raptor encounter over a steel coaster. Don’t @ me.

DBcUtoo.jpg

Reactions: Coolbfitz
If you know something then I hope it’s true. JP needs more actual dinosaurs and building another encounter with different dinos would be great. If we get that and a new ride, I would be ecstatic. If all we get is the coaster than they dropped the ball.

I’m curious to see what age group people think Jurassic Park is aimed at?
What it should be aimed at? Like ages 6 and above. That’s about the age kids really start getting into dinosaurs and while I don’t want just kid rides in JP, I think there should be all ages rides and experiences there.

Reactions: Andysol
I for one am excited Universal is keeping IOA as their defacto heavy thrills park. Shortly after Comcast took ownership there was a push for more family friendly rides which was understandable at the time but keeping what made Universal parks so unique (Disney theming with adult thrills) while still expanding overall appeal to families is absolutely the best long term strategy.

That said, I'm still puzzled why this attraction was chosen as the 2020 headliner. IOA will have just opened an enormous mega E-ticket in a park that already has far and away the superior attraction line-up. Meanwhile the Studios last home run opened in 2014 with the only additions since being a D-ticket filler, a stunt show shoved inside a former 3D show, and an outright detested ride that results in guest complaints. What could have been the internal thinking here?

The most logical choice would have been to fast track one of the many projects that Creative had sitting in a drawer (namely Pets replacing Shrek) and made that the 2020 addition. The Jurassic coaster could have followed in 2021.

I hope there's budget to add some of the fences/arches/etc back to the land, that and the lack of dinos (which helped with the Raptor Encounter but still has some ways to go) are the biggest grievances I have.
I am hoping too....The simple addition of the fences (and subsequent loss) was a big hit on the placemaking of JP

Yeah they needed to add more Dino experiences like Raptor encounter over a steel coaster. Don’t @ me.
The queue for this ride has a potential to be excellent if they add this kind of stuff to it

And hopefully it's not virtual

That said, I'm still puzzled why this attraction was chosen as the 2020 headliner. IOA will have just opened an enormous mega E-ticket in a park that already has far and away the superior attraction line-up. Meanwhile the Studios last home run opened in 2014 with the only additions since being a D-ticket filler, a stunt show shoved inside a former 3D show, and an outright detested ride that results in guest complaints. What could have been the internal thinking here?

Status
Not open for further replies.