Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 456 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless said IP hasn't moved merch or garnered much home video sales and the like.

At least in terms of the toys, supposedly the FALLEN KINGDOM line has been selling quite well for Mattel. Significantly better than Hasbro's stuff for the first JW.

Well enough to keep the JW branding and lines around through next year, anyway, which - without a movie promotion to tie into - is a vote of confidence.

Reactions: Mike S
At least in terms of the toys, supposedly the FALLEN KINGDOM line has been selling quite well for Mattel. Significantly better than Hasbro's stuff for the first JW.

Well enough to keep the JW branding and lines around through next year, anyway, which - without a movie promotion to tie into - is a vote of confidence.
It’s still Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs won’t ever be unpopular.
Plus, Mattel is doing a lot better job than the last guys making the toys, so I’m not surprised they’re selling well. Hasbro’s were pretty ugly and I’m glad Mattel took over.

Reactions: Mike S and belloq87
Second episode of my podcast we dive into the Jurassic rumors a bit more, and I included lots of photos in the video version (below). Jurassic stuff specifically starts about halfway through, (the first part is talking about all the other coasters on their way to Central Florida).

Is it on iTunes?

Yeah, if the coaster is not going to be heavily themed, I don't see this being a two year project...what would, make me interested; is more on the subject of the environment around it.

As far as I understand, Flying Dinosaur began work in early 2015, and went all the way to early 2016. But, the primary reason for that, was more due to that the land needed a shakeup for Osaka to accommodate the coaster.

Reactions: Magic-Man
If we’re looking at a bare bones coaster, Uni can put one up in 9 months or less. 4 months for foundation, 3 months for steel erection, and 2 for test and adjust.

That's why I'm still thinking we could get this late 2020. Even with minimal theming like Hulk (aka no show scenes, rock work, etc) this thing wouldn't take that long to build. Lets say they start April 2019, that gives them 16 months build time.

I’m still not sure if it’s going to be 2020 or 2021 (different folks telling me conflicting things,) but if it was 2021, it wouldn’t be because they couldn’t build it fast, but because that’s when they want it to open.

We all know Universal can build things fast. Especially something rumored to be lightly themed.

This ride would be perfect and is very similar to what everyone has been talking about. I think switch up 2 of the hard high banked turns with inversions and you've got a super amazing coaster for JP.

edit: or the other style being talked about which I personally really love.

Not as intense as everyone is expecting but a raptor themed steeplechase would look cool with raptors bouncing in and out of the trees.

Attachments

• raptor.JPG
    raptor.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 42
Not sure if this is the right thread or if it's being discussed elsewhere, but....

New patents were filed which appear to be a Jurassic Park water ride. Of course the dinosaurs used in the patent could always be placeholders which do not represent the actual intent of the ride.

Thanks!

Funny how it would use pinball flippers and turntables to essentially do what Disney created with the Shanghai pirates ride, rotate the boat to face different directions. Biggest difference here is the boat isn't tethered. Seems like a lot of moving parts to accomplish something simple (so I guess Disney has patents on the two tether track system already).

Flume-1.jpg

Flume-3.jpg
Flume-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.