Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 458 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I would really love?

If the boats in JPRA had a skipper like Jungle Cruise telling bad dinosaurs jokes. It would improve the re-ride-ability to no end and it would amuse me to no end knowing that these skippers would have to ride that drop a hundred times a day or they could jump off at the velociraptor cage to go 'get help' or better yet, a dinosaur could eat them and we can put that 'the driver gets eaten' rumour to bed once and for all.

You know what I would really love?

If the boats in JPRA had a skipper like Jungle Cruise telling bad dinosaurs jokes. It would improve the re-ride-ability to no end and it would amuse me to no end knowing that these skippers would have to ride that drop a hundred times a day or they could jump off at the velociraptor cage to go 'get help' or better yet, a dinosaur could eat them and we can put that 'the driver gets eaten' rumour to bed once and for all.

Oh my goodness. That would make it glorious. I definitely think they could just jump out. Assuming the vehicle can come to a complete stop though - otherwise OSHA will be all over them when the first person falls in. Said skipper can go back to the unload dock and recommandeer the vehicle. This is gold. Someone get Creative on the phone.

So....things are happening....slowly....

Airbrush tattoo has been moved, new white demo tape markers have arrived, and we might be getting close to demo time on the triceratops encounter area.
Was cool seeing new white demo ribbons in your video. Haven't seen new markings in a long while. What do you make of them taking down the green fences around Trike? Maybe they were rent-a-fence and the rental period was up?

Reactions: tankart150
Was cool seeing new white demo ribbons in your video. Haven't seen new markings in a long while. What do you make of them taking down the green fences around Trike? Maybe they were rent-a-fence and the rental period was up?

Green fences could be part of a rental period or they got tired of them. I honestly have no clue on that one. However....the moving of the tattoo stand is vital to them having enough room to remove the buildings. I would not be surprised to see new work walls go up within the next few weeks. BELIEVE ME, seeing the new marking got me relieved a bit.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Green fences could be part of a rental period or they got tired of them. I honestly have no clue on that one. However....the moving of the tattoo stand is vital to them having enough room to remove the buildings. I would not be surprised to see new work walls go up within the next few weeks. BELIEVE ME, seeing the new marking got me relieved a bit.
From what I had been told a few months ago, the entire project was bumped a whole year down the road. So, I've been saying we'll still see raptor encounter move across the way, but now in slow motion. They took about a month to move the hair braids station. Now I expect to see a couple months of games relocating. Then slow continuation of the Triceratops demo they kinda started over the summer. And finally, just as the Potter coaster is wrapping up, they'll kick this project into high gear and start building faster than 75 mph!

Good news is, a couple weeks ago the parking spots backstage allocated for this project were cleared for the project again, since non-project TMs started parking there without any activity going on lately. That probably means the tractors are coming back soon, and need a place to park, yay!

From what I had been told a few months ago, the entire project was bumped a whole year down the road. So, I've been saying we'll still see raptor encounter move across the way, but now in slow motion. They took about a month to move the hair braids station. Now I expect to see a couple months of games relocating. Then slow continuation of the Triceratops demo they kinda started over the summer. And finally, just as the Potter coaster is wrapping up, they'll kick this project into high gear and start building faster than 75 mph!

Good news is, a couple weeks ago the parking spots backstage allocated for this project were cleared for the project again, since non-project TMs started parking there without any activity going on lately. That probably means the tractors are coming back soon, and need a place to park, yay!
Interesting...it feels way too early for them to be ramping up on a 2021 project but almost too late for a 202o project.

Reactions: tankart150
Then is there no 2020 attraction for UOR?

There’s several ways to look at this. They could still aim for a late 2020 opening as Universal is getting busier, there isn’t really any quiet times any more.

For 2020, to throw this out there, I think HP is a big enough pull for the resort that Universal could push back the T2 replacement if they felt so inclined. Volcano Bay could add their extension for 2020. They could also add a simple flag ride, something aimed at kids to help the closure of Kids Zone if it ever closes.

With Endless Summer opening next year and summer 2020, I think they need to add something new to justify the new rooms coming online.

I did not say that. But with so much going on behind the scenes, would you really be surprised if they took a year off around here?

I'd rather that they take the year off and not skimp on design or implementation, if that would help. Plus, I'm really digging the HP Coaster and it makes sense to space things out. Even in full-blown expansion, I would only expect a new ride ever other year or every three years (not counting opening a new park).

There’s several ways to look at this. They could still aim for a late 2020 opening as Universal is getting busier, there isn’t really any quiet times any more.

For 2020, to throw this out there, I think HP is a big enough pull for the resort that Universal could push back the T2 replacement if they felt so inclined. Volcano Bay could add their extension for 2020. They could also add a simple flag ride, something aimed at kids to help the closure of Kids Zone if it ever closes.

With Endless Summer opening next year and summer 2020, I think they need to add something new to justify the new rooms coming online.
The window of opportunity for a large 2020 attraction is very quickly closing, and the lack of talk about any projects other than this one being ready to start construction soon makes me think there won't be anything big happening.

However, there are still a lot of small projects that could be done in <12 months for 2020: restaurants, theater or lagoon shows in IOA, significant ride upgrades/updates (possibly including JPRA?).

I did not say that. But with so much going on behind the scenes, would you really be surprised if they took a year off around here?
I really wouldn't be surprised by a minor or nothing year if that's what it takes to get things going on the new park.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I still feel like there's so much work to do at USF (acknowledging all the work they've already put in there over the last 6 years) that I really hope they don't skip a year.

I laugh still at the old comments that this project can't start til the new HP coaster is done because the crew is tied up.:exclap: What happens on park 3-4 or whatever you call it? :jawdrop: They bring in aliens? Or a 40 year project?:peace:

Aside from Kidzone I think USF is fine.

In addition to something substantial going into KidZone, I think Shrek and Fear Factor need to be out of the park as soon as possible, replaced by dark rides of some sort.

I'd say the same thing about The Simpsons Ride (being so old), but the fact that the surrounding Springfield area is so well-liked means the Ride will probably continue to limp on.

Status
Not open for further replies.