Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

May 5, 2013
I Thought I'd Make A General Jurassic Park: The Ride Topic.

A Couple Questions For You Guys:

1.Have You Ever Been There At Night/Dark? (Not Including Jurassic Park In The Dark)

2.Don't You Love The Wait Music? (I NEED THE SOURCE!!)

Besides Those Questions, Feel Free To Talk About Facts,Trivia,Experiences,etc.

I'm surprised we didn't already have a generic JP topic. Oh, well. Now we have one..! Haha.

I've ridden it at night before. Very fun, and almost a different experience. The ominous lighting makes the dinos a bit more menacing, but fascinating in a way.. if that makes sense.  ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I Thought I'd Make A General Jurassic Park: The Ride Topic.

A Couple Questions For You Guys:

1.Have You Ever Been There At Night/Dark? (Not Including Jurassic Park In The Dark)

2.Don't You Love The Wait Music? (I NEED THE SOURCE!!)

Besides Those Questions, Feel Free To Talk About Facts,Trivia,Experiences,etc.
1) Yes! And it is both fascinating and terrifying! They have a spotlight on the falling jeep and it's quite dramatic.

2) The wait music as you're in the queue? If it's the music I think you're talking about, it's from the JP soundtrack, Track 9, "Dennis Steals The Embryo".

1) Yes! And it is both fascinating and terrifying! They have a spotlight on the falling jeep and it's quite dramatic.

2) The wait music as you're in the queue? If it's the music I think you're talking about, it's from the JP soundtrack, Track 9, "Dennis Steals The Embryo".
So thaaat's what the song is called. Awesome piece, in my opinion.  :)  "Journey to the Island" gets stuck in my head every time I go down to the Lower Lot.. but I don't mind it. :D

So thaaat's what the song is called. Awesome piece, in my opinion.  :)  "Journey to the Island" gets stuck in my head every time I go down to the Lower Lot.. but I don't mind it. :D
Is it "Journey to the Island"? I always thought it was the reprise from "End Credits". If you listen carefully to it, it sounds a little different from the reprise, there's a few notes switched up between the two versions. I'll have to listen reeeeeally careful next time and maybe use my SoundHound app to tell. I'll check that out and report back when I get down there again!

Is it "Journey to the Island"? I always thought it was the reprise from "End Credits". If you listen carefully to it, it sounds a little different from the reprise, there's a few notes switched up between the two versions. I'll have to listen reeeeeally careful next time and maybe use my SoundHound app to tell. I'll check that out and report back when I get down there again!
Wait, you're right! I totally forgot about the build up in "Journey to the Island" to the easily recognizable theme. What would we do here without an avid Jurassic Park enthusiast?  ^_^

Wait, you're right! I totally forgot about the build up in "Journey to the Island" to the easily recognizable theme. What would we do here without an avid Jurassic Park enthusiast?  ^_^
Aw shucks...  :wub:

Well at least my unhealthy obsession is good for something, right? 

On a music-related note, all the music in the ride comes from various points of the soundtrack. I want to make a ride soundtrack with those bits some day...

I've not only been on at night, but alone in my own boat. I loved it.

I really hope we get a major refurb soon. I want new animatronics.

"2) The wait music as you're in the queue? If it's the music I think you're talking about, it's from the JP soundtrack, Track 9, "Dennis Steals The Embryo".

THANK YOU!!!! I Love That Song, It Pops Up In My Head When I Have To Wait In A Line!

1) So I Did Go At Dark, It Give The Ride More Atmosphere To Me

2) The Waiting Music Is Really Good, It Makes Up For The Waiting!

I've never ridden it alone in my own boat!! Someone, please give me tips on how to be the only one in the boat. I'll be eternally grateful.  ^_^

I think Universal should make a soundtrack with all the music used throughout the park. They did that with Islands of Adventure a while back. I know it's essentially just the pieces used in the movies, but it'd be nice to have it all compiled.

Basically it was before King Kong 360 3D and Transformers haha. Park had many "off seasons" and it was usually at night. I haven't seen it that empty in a few years, but try to ride it a bit before the ride closes, and if there are very very few people, ask the cast members if you can have your own boat.

Basically it was before King Kong 360 3D and Transformers haha. Park had many "off seasons" and it was usually at night. I haven't seen it that empty in a few years, but try to ride it a bit before the ride closes, and if there are very very few people, ask the cast members if you can have your own boat.
Would it help to go to JP right when the park opens?  :D

If there are close to no people behind you, maybe. I feel like they're more willing to do it closer to closing.
Yep! Opening and closing, they'll do it. 

I can never do this though. Riding JP alone will trigger a panic attack, so it's the only ride I don't do single rider for. But having your own boat for your party? Oh that's awesome. This and Pirates of the Caribbean are my two fave rides to have a vehicle to your own group for.

I've never ridden it alone in my own boat!! Someone, please give me tips on how to be the only one in the boat. I'll be eternally grateful.  ^_^

I think Universal should make a soundtrack with all the music used throughout the park. They did that with Islands of Adventure a while back. I know it's essentially just the pieces used in the movies, but it'd be nice to have it all compiled.
My advice is do what I did. The last hour of the park is usually when you can do it. Most people are heading home so you can have your pick of most attractions for no less than a 15 minute wait. Jurassic Park had no line for the last 20 minutes the park was open last time I went so I had my own boat and was able to get on it about 3 extra times.

My advice is do what I did. The last hour of the park is usually when you can do it. Most people are heading home so you can have your pick of most attractions for no less than a 15 minute wait. Jurassic Park had no line for the last 20 minutes the park was open last time I went so I had my own boat and was able to get on it about 3 extra times.
I don't know but I wouldn't like riding in a boat all for myself. I just love the screams before and during the fall, like it adds to the whole experience. And what triggers anxiety with Miss Bety?? is it the fall or the general atmosphere?

I don't know but I wouldn't like riding in a boat all for myself. I just love the screams before and during the fall, like it adds to the whole experience. And what triggers anxiety with Miss Bety?? is it the fall or the general atmosphere?
I'm fine with the fall, it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't like the dark is the issue. Along with being alone in what my body deems a fight or flight setting. Though it's not real, the theming can be very convincing when you grew up fearing raptors!