Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's difficult if your boat rushes towards the incline. I know I didn't notice it till we hit a delay.

The Girl from Ipanema is the version sung by Astrud Gilberto from 1964.  

As far as the music from the jeep, I actually am not sure.  All I ever heard was the voice yelling "Get out of there now!", screaming dinos, and crashing jeep sounds ... then again it's been a long time and I've blocked most of it out for the sake of sanity.  (Try hearing the same song in your head every day for 4 years straight.)   :lol:   I'll take a listen when I visit the park in a few weeks and we can compare notes.

Edit:  I know the music going up lift 2 but I'd need to hear the soundtrack to tell you for sure which track it is.  For some reason I'm seeing Nedry and the compys in my head .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Asuka, for the additional info. on that song! Haha! Btw, this song, and I think the very version used in the ride, appears in the "Catch Me If You Can" soundtrack... which is a Steven Spielberg film. I wonder if he had something to do with the choice of the song in the ride? Kind of an odd coincidence!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iNZg5zhgNHg?feature=oembed
As for the music on lift 2... me and a big JP soundtrack fan keep going through the soundtrack and can't seem to find it! I am starting to think perhaps it ISN'T from Jurassic Park, and maybe something else. Oddly enough, I know in Universal Japan, around this area, they used music from The Mummy. USH wouldn't though, because this music, I know for sure, has remained the same since the ride opened in '96... and the Mummy came out in '99. I don't think it could be from The Lost World either, since that movie came out the year after the ride.

However, I found a couple of videos that you can hear it a bit clearer in, here, here, and here

MYSTERY. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my mom and brother to USH about a month ago and Jurassic Park was barely operating. No soundtrack, dinosaurs were turned off, the dilophosaurus were removed and put on the Studio Tour, parasaurolophus was removed, electric cage was off, the jeep was off (but that's nothing new). It was rather depressing. Everything seemed to be working fine (even the jeep) on Sunday aside from a tube hanging out of the parasaur's nostril. And the T-Rex dangling lifelessly in the waterfall. Haha.

I'd really love to see the dinosaurs working 100%. I recently saw some video of the premiere of the ride and was shocked to see the parasaur comes up out of the water all the way down to it's chest! I've never seen more than it's head!

I took my mom and brother to USH about a month ago and Jurassic Park was barely operating. No soundtrack, dinosaurs were turned off, the dilophosaurus were removed and put on the Studio Tour, parasaurolophus was removed, electric cage was off, the jeep was off (but that's nothing new). It was rather depressing. Everything seemed to be working fine (even the jeep) on Sunday aside from a tube hanging out of the parasaur's nostril. And the T-Rex dangling lifelessly in the waterfall. Haha.

I'd really love to see the dinosaurs working 100%. I recently saw some video of the premiere of the ride and was shocked to see the parasaur comes up out of the water all the way down to it's chest! I've never seen more than it's head!
Unfortunately, I haven't seen the electric cage effect working for months. Could someone please explain to me why this isn't working anymore??

I'm sure the ride just needs a nice refurb again....

Also, the dilophosaurus on the tour are separate animatronics than the ones on the ride. Those break down a lot :p
Oh, cool, I didn't know that. I don't usually ride the tour (it makes me sad haha), but I did that day and since they were gone from the ride and there in the tour I just assumed they were the same.

I'd really like to see some attention given to JP. Those dinosaurs are saaaad. And so is the electric cage.

It's been working extremely fine when I went there on Saturday. The only bad thing is the gate wasn't in sync, and the first dinos you see froze, and came alive. Of course the water effects were on.

I went on Thursday and the Tyrannosaur at the drop was down all day. Every employee told us it was working and it wasn't. I had brought friends from out of town and I was very upset =(

Nahh, you're not lucky. It works most of the time, ill go out on a limb that the final Rex works 90% of the time. Sometimes the ride just goes into a slump and most of everything stops working properly unfortunately :(