Jurassic Park- The Ride RARE Press Kit Scans | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park- The Ride RARE Press Kit Scans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 20, 2013
I present to you all high resolution (.tiff format) scans of Jurassic Park- The Ride's rare press kit! These recently went off on ebay for $85, which I certainly did not win with my current income, lol. But the seller and I know each other, and sent me scans of the kit before sending it off to the winner! And here they are!

This is just one of 9 images that are in high resolution in the download below, the one I wanted the most. It's a beautiful overview artwork of the entire ride! This and all the other images have been seen online before, but never in such high resolution! There are two other "art" images (including the one that sharp-eyed fans will notice was projected on the wall in a scene from the first film), the rest being photographs and logos.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

JPRide02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to fall over and die now, this is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the downloads! 

I love that you can see all the little details - including the jeep! It's funny to think how easy it is for us to tell what parts of the ride are what, but people had no idea what to expect when this image was first released.

Reactions: William
Your welcome, guys! I wanted this probably just as much as you did! The guy I got these from worked for Universal: Singapore, and I guess happened to have one of these packets from USH. I wish he would have actually given them to me, haha! But you can't blame a guy with a family wanting some extra money, right? Still, he was awesome enough to scan them before shipping them to the actual winner, so I was ECSTATIC!

I do LOVE being able to finally have a high-res version of the above ride overview, like you said, you can see many details, like the falling car, and even I believe a Dilophosaur almost blending in right before the boat is going into the tunnel. Details I never noticed before when I saw the image posted elsewhere in it's lower resolution. Fantastic.

These are amazing. Gone are the days of paper and poster press releases.

Everything is electronic now - which is fine. But prints like those are definitely on a completely different level.

I LOVE the discussion this caused! :) Yeah, it's interesting to see some of the differences between this art and the final ride design we have now. I noticed that in the art from this set that the final drop is not entirely inside the dark building, either. You see a GOOD portion of the track coming out of the building, slanting down. I think they were wise to change it to the way it is now, concealing just how steep it really is and keeping it that much more mysterious before you go on. It also makes it scarier as you go down since it's a fairly dark tunnel with just the light at the end, haha!

I still can't get over how detailed that image is, even if it is almost something you miss entirely if you aren't looking for it. You see the Parasaur coming out of the water, knocking it off course (even though, looking at the image... where else could the boat have gone anyway?). The extra boat in the carnivore area that the Dilophosaur will be in. And if you look REALLY closely, you can even see what looks like the Psittacosaurs (they are very small, and white, easy to miss)! The only thing you can't see are the Raptors and the Rex, who are of course in the building. ;)

Now the other art of the Dilophosaur and the Raptors I also like very much. Notice the gate logo in the background, how it looks? It's even represented, from behind, in the park overview concept art, if you notice. Interesting design! I wonder if they thought of it before the movie was even done, since we know that's not how it looks in the film or in the final design. I also always thought this was kind of an amusing bit of art, since the family seen in the foreground are staring in awe... at a terrifying creature that looks like it is about to eat them! LOL. I mean... it's walking on the water RIGHT toward them! LOL.

Of course that third concept art photo shown is indeed the very same one featured in the film in the background of the following scene. Not only do you see the image itself (8 seconds in), but right before you do, as we see Ellie Sattler at the dinner table, you HEAR in the background an advertisement of sorts for their "jungle river cruise"... followed by Hammond himself saying that "not all of these attractions are ready yet, of course". I love how the movie itself incorporates the ride (and in essence, the missing sequence from the novel) even if it is done so a bit quietly. :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Nz8YrCC9X8?start=8&feature=oembed
I guess this was the art mentioned earlier in this thread that suggests vegetation would have enclosed this whole area? I think that actually would have been AWESOME if they would have stuck with that. It's curious... you'd thinking by enclosing the entire ride somehow all the way through, like a traditional "dark ride" that it would have made it easier to maintain. I'm sure the sun and other weather elements play just as much havoc on the animatronics and other effects as the water itself does, if not more.

Yeah, that is true! I think that's why I love it so much... that it was really done first. I mean, come on... a novel about a theme park? Oh, and one last thing about that image, I found another scan of it that actually shows more of the image (though lower resolution)!

ultrasaur%20original.jpg

Even Spielberg knew it had to be done right away as a ride, that's why he was involved all the way through. But that's not all who was involved... check out this video at around 03:55. You get to see some behind the scenes insight that I had never seen before... including a few shots of a scale model!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VxCNl4I3XoA?feature=oembed
Here also is a photo of said model... and a special guest. ;)

model.jpg