Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

A new rumor has surfaced. Supposedly this overhaul is coming to the Hollywood version, but not the Orlando one. If that’s true, I’m going to be a bit disappointed, as I believe both are in a desperate need for an overhaul.

Universal Studios Hollywood May Re-theme Jurassic Park: The Ride to Jurassic World According to Rumor - Jurassic Outpost

Universal Studios Orlando has alot of projects lined up In the years coming which makes things a bit complicated, most likely around 2021 or 2022 Orlando will recieve the same treatment. The only projects Hollywood has lined up for now is Jurassic World & SLoP. Afterwards Nintendoland.

I'm curious, can one compare the size of the SLOP ride to Snow White at Disneyland? Just want to make sure. It seems a bit small for a family-friendly ride.

Snow white is .27 acres. The Globe theater is about .41 acres.

In other lights, Screamscape has confirmed the rumor of the JW conversion with one of their own sources.

In other lights, Screamscape has confirmed the rumor of the JW conversion with one of their own sources.
Plus the SLOP attraction is two stories tall, with a possible basement for queue overflow. First floor is queue & preshows. Ride is on second floor. So there's plenty of space.

Interesting, I am hoping that I get to go on the "old" ride at least one time before it closes hopefully.

To add this on to Screamscapes hill of salt, they have heard internally that the renovation may include revamped to entirely new scenes, and that it may be closing sooner than expected. Take that, what you will..

To add this on to Screamscapes hill of salt, they have heard internally that the renovation may include revamped to entirely new scenes, and that it may be closing sooner than expected. Take that, what you will..

Honestly, I say good. It's very cringe-worthy because the jeep doesn't fall down properly anymore and the animatronic dinosaurs are already showing their age. The ride needs to be revamped or closed down to make room for JW. I say with the popularity of JW, Universal really needs to utilize the IP for its parks.

Hey everyone. Just joined the forums because of this thread lol. I would love to hear some of your thoughts/ speculations about what they are going to do to the ride! I've never been out to USH (I travel to USO every year) however, your version of the ride looks superior to ours!