Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

I really can't wait for a JW themed area and hopefully, bring the animatronics to their true life forms. It's about time Universal finally pay attention especially neglecting the attraction for more than a decade, and I just hope something replaces the falling Jeep into something more lively like the falling box containing a raptor once you go home. No more of that since doing so 24/7 for each boat ride coming makes it broken and malfunctioning a lot.

We still are unsure how "Jurassic World" they are going to make it.

It could be just the name and aesthetic change.

BUT I get it - I know a lot of people would hate if the I-Rex replaced the T-Rex before the drop.
I wouldn't like it, but I feel like this would increase the "fear factor" immensely if they can make a realistic animatronic... I mean, look at this video of JPTR from 1997... I would love to see them outdo how life-like the t-rex was....

I wouldn't like it, but I feel like this would increase the "fear factor" immensely if they can make a realistic animatronic... I mean, look at this video of JPTR from 1997... I would love to see them outdo how life-like the t-rex was....

I think with the money being poured into Universal parks made from Universal blockbuster movies, Universal would have a chance of outdoing the original T-Rex one. That said, I do wish the T-Rex would stay in some form in the new JW ride as to give a nod to the original 1996 attraction. It would let the fans know everything starts from the 1993 movie and making both sides of the aisle happy. I can't wait for the possibility of the new dinosaur coming out and scaring the hell out of the guests.

Jurassic Park in Singapore is not a water-boat ride and as such, it's very difficult to accommodate the actual scenery and shuffle like the three water rides in three other Universal parks.

Considering the last addition to Singapore was back in 2015 with PiB, I would think that they can at least do cosmetic changes to the attraction that's not as extensive.

Singapore is more landlocked than Hollywood lol. I don't think we'll be seeing a big expansion from them, ever.

Even then, they shouldn't be ruled out of at least cosmetic changes to Jurassic Park Rover Rapids. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard, and that they wouldn't even need to do any changes to figures, just presentation of the area around it.

Perhaps that's only my thing when it comes to that.

As far as Hollywood, I'm curious of the exteriors around, as one would assume the archway is getting removed with a new one brought in. But the question, could they do exterior changes on Jurassic Outfitters and Jurassic Cafe (which I fully expect to get a remade menu) to match the more modern designs from Jurassic World?

It's a fascinating idea, and would help tie in River Adventure with the rest of the environment.

Another thing would be the fate of Dino Play, as I can easily see it to now due to SSFL filling that void for the park in a wet/dry play area.

Even then, they shouldn't be ruled out of at least cosmetic changes to Jurassic Park Rover Rapids. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard, and that they wouldn't even need to do any changes to figures, just presentation of the area around it.

Perhaps that's only my thing when it comes to that.

As far as Hollywood, I'm curious of the exteriors around, as one would assume the archway is getting removed with a new one brought in. But the question, could they do exterior changes on Jurassic Outfitters and Jurassic Cafe (which I fully expect to get a remade menu) to match the more modern designs from Jurassic World?

It's a fascinating idea, and would help tie in River Adventure with the rest of the environment.

Another thing would be the fate of Dino Play, as I can easily see it to now due to SSFL filling that void for the park in a wet/dry play area.
I really hope they don’t convert it into a river rafting ride as I typically avoid those rides. I don’t want to get absolutely drenched

I really hope they don’t convert it into a river rafting ride as I typically avoid those rides. I don’t want to get absolutely drenched

I was refering to the Singapore attraction, Jurassic Park River Rapids, and how that seems to be getting blueballed in the wake of the other Jurassic Park River Adventures getting renovations.

If USH wasn't split into an Upper/Lower Lot, I could see the redundancy of Dino Play. Dino Play is usually packed when I go so it's definitely getting good usage. It's a great convenience to not have to make the approximately 12-minute trek over to SSFL. It also serves as the Child Switch area for River Adventure. When the Lower Lot expands, I would think Dino Play would need an expansion as well, unless part of SNW gets a kids' play area. Parents need a place down there to rest while their kids expend some energy. This also reduces traffic on the Starway.

If USH wasn't split into an Upper/Lower Lot, I could see the redundancy of Dino Play. Dino Play is usually packed when I go so it's definitely getting good usage. It's a great convenience to not have to make the approximately 12-minute trek over to SSFL. It also serves as the Child Switch area for River Adventure. When the Lower Lot expands, I would think Dino Play would need an expansion as well, unless part of SNW gets a kids' play area. Parents need a place down there to rest while their kids expend some energy. This also reduces traffic on the Starway.

If I'm not mistaken, @AliciaStella has mentioned quite a few play areas will be in SNW, for at-least the Orlando verson, but I could be wrong.