Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: Dominion

I'm sold on the idea of this film, especially after Battle at Big Rock.

As far as the main trio back fully, I'm guessing that Neill will be more present (especially when it comes to the subject of Blue and the raptors).

I didn’t hate the 2nd one as much as everyone although I do recognize the faults here
I feel the same. It honestly feels a lot like Lost World in the sense that the quality of the movie died in the editing bay. An extra 30 or 40 minutes would've made it feel a little more complete. Instead it comes off as a well made world builder that doesn't really have a purpose other than setting up JW Dominion.

JW2 was probably one of my least favorite movies of all time, but if there was one silver lining in it, it set up what could be the most fun popcorn flick around in JW3. I've completely divorced the first trilogy and the second trilogy in my head and at this point, I just want to see some insane dino mayhem, Lost World ending style, for the entire movie. Give me a whole scene with the Mosasaurus trying to take out a surfing contest, or the full velociraptor / lion fight from the end of FK, or a spinosaurus tearing through a riverboat in the louisiana bayou. No one else has the budget or name recognition to make this sorta movie without it ending up a cheap looking joke like Sharknado or Pirannha 3D. Battle at Big Rock was great, just make that the movie!

Universal's targeting a July 6th filming restart in the U.K., with extensive (and expensive) health guidelines...

I think it's still technically possible they could make their original June 2021 release date if they want to spend the money to accelerate post-production effects work. But, even though June's the traditional JURASSIC slot, if I were Universal, I'd move it to the first weekend in August of 2021; that would buy them another two months to partially make up for the three-ish they've lost in the shutdown, and it still gets to be a summer release. I can't see them pushing the film back an entire year.

Universal's targeting a July 6th filming restart in the U.K., with extensive (and expensive) health guidelines...

I think it's still technically possible they could make their original June 2021 release date if they want to spend the money to accelerate post-production effects work. But, even though June's the traditional JURASSIC slot, if I were Universal, I'd move it to the first weekend in August of 2021; that would buy them another two months to partially make up for the three-ish they've lost in the shutdown, and it still gets to be a summer release. I can't see them pushing the film back an entire year.

I agree but this all hinges on the UK not having a second peak and another lock down.

I also think if Uni feel they will make more money if they hold the movie till 2022 then they will.

I expect they'll move back to August as well. They already have Fast & Furious teed up earlier in the year.

We've got Dodgson, here!

The character is actually a quite prominent one in Michael Crichton's LOST WORLD novel, but his entire storyline was abandoned in the movie, so I wonder if they're going to borrow anything from that.

Everytime I see an update to this thread I'm expecting to see that this has been delayed till 2022... it's a nice surprise that it isn't (yet!)